Author Topic: Wish list  (Read 10001 times)

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
Re: Wish list
« Reply #50 on: Aug 31, 2007, 08:06:20 AM »
If your starting your compost pile just turn it the big fat worms will be underneath it.  Of course you may not be willing to part with those lol.  They also like coffee grounds. 

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #51 on: Aug 31, 2007, 09:03:53 AM »
 :ThumbUp: I havent frgotten about your Coeropsis seeds this Fall too Patty, i have 2 different kinds, and I'll send you both.

Offline patches

« Reply #52 on: Sep 01, 2007, 02:17:31 AM »
Patti, I am talking about vermiculture.  Sorry I wasn't clear about that!

Megan asked me a couple of months ago for instructions on doing a worm bed. She has the idea that she would like to raise her own worms for fishing...

Dianna, I've had a worm bin for about a 1-1/2 years, but I've never been able to use my worms for fishing.  :smileyNo:  I guess I kinda got attached to them and felt guilty about using the babies I raised.   :dunno:
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #53 on: Sep 09, 2007, 08:23:38 AM »
I just thought of primroses for the shade garden.  I also want the other ones that are like primroses and start with a p.  I can't remember the name of them.  But I love those two and want some.  Especially the deep blue ones.  They are really really pretty.

Offline patches

« Reply #54 on: Sep 09, 2007, 11:31:49 AM »
Hey, Duh, are you talking about pansies?  :ScratchHead: I know they usually prefer full sun, but I've grown them in partial shade and they seemed to do well.  The tag actually says sun/partial shade.  ;)
« Last Edit: Sep 09, 2007, 11:44:07 AM by patches »
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

christy

« Reply #55 on: Sep 09, 2007, 04:11:20 PM »
i wish for a mouse plant for my shade area, i orderd a few but they were outta stock  :Crybaby2:  there so cool, looks like mousey butts sticking out of a plant  :laugh1:

Offline patches

« Reply #56 on: Sep 09, 2007, 07:36:16 PM »
Oh, Christy, I first saw those this year and I couldn't believe it.  :shock: I've never seen anything like that before.  It was so cute, and you're right, they do look just like little mouse bottoms.   :rofl1: I thought it would be great for a conversation piece, but I didn't buy one.   :smileyNo:
« Last Edit: Sep 09, 2007, 07:38:26 PM by patches »

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #57 on: Sep 09, 2007, 09:32:05 PM »
not pansy's no.  Something maybe like primula  I just remember they look a lot like the primroses but not quite the same and they are a shade plant.  They were one of the pictures in the another forum's calendar for this year. 
« Last Edit: Sep 09, 2007, 10:37:32 PM by Dianna »

Offline patches

« Reply #58 on: Sep 09, 2007, 10:35:25 PM »
Duh, there is a Primrose primula, which is a shade plant that's used quite often in rock gardens because it only gets to be about 12" tall.  It comes in a lot of different colors and blooms in the spring.   

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #59 on: Sep 10, 2007, 07:35:37 AM »
Thanks patches.  I'm sure that's what I am thinking of primula.  I have a hard time remembering that name.

Offline patches

« Reply #60 on: Sep 10, 2007, 12:05:31 PM »
Well, I know what you mean, Duh.  There are so many plants with so many names that appear to be the same, so sometimes I have trouble keeping them apart.  :ScratchHead:  I think it's so exciting thinking about all the things you're going to do in your new gardens, and I can't wait to see them.  :Whis:

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #61 on: Sep 11, 2007, 09:26:46 AM »
i'm not going to get the garden apartment so I'm not sure where I will end up.

Offline barleychown

• Elite Member
  • live and let live Mischievous Minx
    • My blog
« Reply #62 on: Feb 07, 2008, 09:58:26 PM »
With spring right around the corner, I thought it was time to revive this topic.

I want a gas plant 'Dictamnus albus', though I'm not sure it would ever be safe from my husband, should he ever find out what it is. :laughmao:
Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground

Offline patches

« Reply #63 on: Feb 08, 2008, 01:11:50 AM »
Oh, geesh, don't get me started, Sarah!  Probably at the top of my list for this year is the Echinacea 'Bright Star'. :yesssss:  It's really an awesome plant and such a beautiful color too!  ;)

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #64 on: Feb 08, 2008, 07:27:30 AM »
my wishlist starting with gardening space is so large I've dedicated an entire spreadsheet to it lol.  It's the fruit, nut, veggie and polinator's garden plan lol.  Plus fast growing shade trees so I can cut down on the amount of air conditioning I need.   

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #65 on: Feb 08, 2008, 03:13:57 PM »
I want a clematis this year.  I am planning something a little different with my front porch and I would like that to be the key element.

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #66 on: Feb 08, 2008, 06:32:47 PM »
My flowerbed wish list consists of: all the plants I paid money for last year coming back this year, an improved water feature/fall, lights for my small pond, and some awesome new coleus.  My veggie garden wants are: a dozen 6 foot or taller T-stakes, manure, and a 20 ft. segment of stiff metal grid/fencing for my cukes to grow on. 

Offline patches

« Reply #67 on: Feb 09, 2008, 01:11:53 AM »
My flowerbed wish list consists of: all the plants I paid money for last year coming back this year

I'll second that one, Sarah, and add that to my list.  Geesh, you just reminded me that the number one thing on my list would have to be for all my strawbery plants to come back and actually produce some strawberries this year.  :yesssss:

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #68 on: Feb 10, 2008, 07:36:41 AM »
That was a good reminder to me to.  I'd like my garden plot to be wooded on the north side but with short trees so I can cut them down to use for fire wood and replace with the trees I want. 

And I'll need the chicken poo, grass and leaves to go with the cardboard I will have from the move.  And I'll need trellises for the grapes, and root barriers for the berries, and stakes and protectors for the little trees, and lumber and copper for the strawberries.  And a heated greenhouse while I'm daydreaming.  One large enough for dwarf bananas and key limes.

And the list just goes on lol.

christy

« Reply #69 on: Feb 10, 2008, 09:24:31 PM »
im still wishing for the mouse plant. i didnt see em in michiganbulb catalog, ill haveta look em up n order em.

:clap:  van bourgondien has them!!!!! 
« Last Edit: Feb 10, 2008, 09:31:59 PM by christy »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal