Author Topic: My Adventure in Book Making  (Read 2415 times)

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
My Adventure in Book Making
« on: Mar 11, 2011, 12:44:21 PM »
I'm jumping the gun on this one.  I won't actually start the process until this fall.  So you can call this the pre-sequel lol.

Today i picked up some petals from the crocuses and some leaves for my future paper making experience. 

For tools I have:  exacto cutting knife large, straight ruler with metal edge, embrodery needles, awl, hammer, pencil, scrap paper, scissors, cutting mat. 

For tools I still have to get:  bone folder, paste brush, small roller (brayer), Two heavy boards and 4 "G" clamps for making a book press, and metal clamps.  Plus a 4'x8'x1" sheet of plywood for a work table, and two dressers to act as the legs and storage area for the supplies and equipment. 

I also need to finish the quilt so I have room in the craft room to do this.  According to my book, making books takes a lot of space.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
Re: My Adventure in Book Making
« Reply #1 on: Mar 12, 2011, 05:06:57 PM »
plucked more crocuses out of the garden that had died.  They don't last very long do they?

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
Re: My Adventure in Book Making
« Reply #2 on: Mar 31, 2011, 09:27:28 AM »
The Rare Books School located in Charlottesville on the University of Virginia campus holds free seminars during the summer.  I'm very excited.  It's a long drive so I'm hoping I can find someone else who will be interested in going with me.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal