Author Topic: granny greens and now New Mexico pecans  (Read 4555 times)

wicci2flow

granny greens and now New Mexico pecans
« on: Apr 18, 2011, 05:34:15 AM »
 :Glee:    Its lookin good for my apple trees,already have little nubs,so I put me pecans from home(NewMexicoin the ground to shade the garden porch when I am old. Will be able sell them then,for they do not have many hear,hope thats not a worry later on. For they do love water and I live in a swamp with surface water tables so high hear on my land seeing we are no longer in drought. The cherri trees did not survive,but now that Pop's working at garden shop will try one more time for always loved the way they bring out the pink blossoms. And this year hope the catus fruit is bigger for the kids get such a kick at watching me make jelly,we always run out of it first.   :grinnnn:

Offline Bonnie

• Angel With Horns!
Re: granny greens and now New Mexico pecans
« Reply #1 on: Apr 18, 2011, 05:12:45 PM »
 cactus jelly?
This is me ->?

wicci2flow

« Reply #2 on: Apr 28, 2011, 12:58:53 PM »
Yep, that old thing has been around for at least 10yrs,moved twice,and I get at least 6 jars every year.I never would have believed that you could grow a catcus in this climate,we even have a few yacca plants! As long as you keep them warm at the last of the season so do not lose fruit good to go.Can not pick the fruit early like you can other fruits to let them finish ripen in paper. So grow that baby right inside the big green house that pop puts up each spring, all my green houses are portable. Got the pecans in the ground,now really baby these babies and let the famine begin!! Gonna look into a dehydrator this year.So what you growing this year?
« Last Edit: Apr 28, 2011, 01:03:36 PM by wicci2flow »

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
« Reply #3 on: Apr 28, 2011, 06:09:28 PM »
prickly pear cactus?
My friends here are some of the kindest on earth :kissies:

wicci2flow

« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2011, 03:05:41 PM »
Chili/left in house alive an well,outsiders/dead! Left with 6 chili plants. Granny greens doing fine,and yes those are prickly's and they are being really babied this year. So far so good. Send picture when have pretty day. Glad Pop's helping out at the garden shop,they have a standing order for straw and Bjuice for plants with my name on it!!! Now that Don and Mary's new plants are in,I am looking forward to new things...  being additions to my little piece of sernity!!...but with this weather going to have to be careful on the picking it seems. :duel: 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal