Author Topic: Crafts for the Trade Lots in September  (Read 11190 times)

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
Re: Crafts for the Trade Lots in September
« Reply #50 on: Jul 15, 2011, 12:08:13 AM »
not at all crazy tammy.  i always do patterns a little differently, kind of my "signature".  in fact, even if it is "my pattern" that i've created, each one is slightly different.

and, when i'm working with elastic that i have to thread, i pin one end with a small safety pin to the end so it can't slip out, and then use either a small safety pin, or a large yard needle (depending on the elastic) to thread it through.
My friends here are some of the kindest on earth :kissies:

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #51 on: Jul 15, 2011, 08:56:28 AM »
...a yard needle huh?  Is that a gardener's freuidian slip or is that a tool I don't know about?  -- Sorry I couldn't resist. 

I'm glad I'm not the only one who has a signature when it comes to patterns. 

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
« Reply #52 on: Jul 15, 2011, 01:20:32 PM »
i'm guessing a freudian slip :giggle:

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #53 on: Jul 16, 2011, 08:18:59 AM »
I'm unhappy with the last pair of leg warmers I did.  They were a striped pattern and where they joined the row seemed to be higher on one side than the other.  Anyone ever had that problem? 

Well I have a commission from my neighbor for 2 pair of leg warmers and two matching mufflers.  The first set in shades of purple.  I got the yarn yesterday and I'll probably start on them today if I don't fall back into bed.  I got up and made the coffee but I've got no get up and go at all. 

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
« Reply #54 on: Jul 16, 2011, 02:58:45 PM »
if it is something that worked in continuous instead of finished rounds, then yes, they will seem one row off at the "seam".  that is normal.  frustrating, but normal.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #55 on: Jul 16, 2011, 03:53:19 PM »
yep they are worked in the round.  Well at least it is normal.  I wish there were a way around it.

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
« Reply #56 on: Jul 16, 2011, 07:47:57 PM »
i don't know a way around it tammy.  unless you join and start new each round.  and that is tedious at best and takes forever.  if it makes you feel any better, i've seen things machine made for sale that is the same way.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #57 on: Jul 17, 2011, 06:22:58 AM »
That is a thought.  I might do that.  I do have the time.  Thanks for the information I'd have dinked with it for just about forever trying to come up with a solution. 

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #58 on: Jul 18, 2011, 06:57:26 AM »
Well I've started on a third scarf this one is a light purple.  It was going to be a part of the order lana gave me but it won't work.  When she ordered the leggings and scarf I didn't realize she was looking at two different types of yarn.  The caron just will not work for leg warmers.  I tried three different times to get it to work but there is no way to alter the pattern and make them look good.  So I'll make scarves of the caron for the sale table and when next month arrives I'll buy the red heart for lana's order.  I still have plenty of time to complete the order.  And while I am waiting for August to roll around I'm using the extra yarn to make toliet roll covers.  I've always thought those were so cute. 

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
« Reply #59 on: Jul 18, 2011, 05:41:48 PM »
you are on a roll tammy, literally!  good going.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #60 on: Jul 18, 2011, 11:08:18 PM »
lol, that's cute.  Next I have in mind to try and make a little pocket book for the new cell phone and day planner.  That way I'm not fumbling around looking for them.  They do get lost in my purse.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #61 on: Jul 21, 2011, 06:53:13 AM »
I got the yellow yarn to finish off the flowers on the toliet roll cover.  I also picked up the purples for Lana's projects.  So I should be able to stay busy for the entire month now.  Or at least that is the plan. 

I have an idea but I can't quite figure out how to pull it off.  I want to make a muffler with a bunch of flowers at each end.  The thing is that if the front of the work becomes heavy it pulls and the flowers end up facing the floor.  I'm thinking I need to weight the back somehow so that it will continue to hang straight.  Flowers on both sides maybe? 

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #62 on: Jul 21, 2011, 01:48:16 PM »
Well the purple muffler is done and the white 4 petal flowers are all done and attached but one.  I couldn't quite hold my eyes open to get that last one done.  But I'm awake from my nap now and I'll get right back at it.  I love the natural and teal colors. 

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #63 on: Jul 22, 2011, 06:11:22 AM »
The toliet roll cover is done.  I'm not sure if that will make it to the trade lots lol.  Maybe the next one.  I picked up orchid and purple for the striped leg warmers and matching muffler for one of the commissions and I've started on the leg warmers.  Fastening off every row is making all the difference.  I'm much happier with these results.

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
« Reply #64 on: Jul 22, 2011, 10:49:53 AM »
I'm glad it is working for you Tammy.  Sometimes easiis not better

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #65 on: Jul 23, 2011, 09:53:50 AM »
Agreed.  I've been looking at flowers for an idea I have and there are some really nice 3D crocheted flowers out there.  I've been printing like a mad dog.  The a/c is still broken so once the heat of the day hits I stay in my bedroom it is awful.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #66 on: Aug 03, 2011, 03:06:33 PM »
I finished the stripes and realized that they looked like the socks the wicked witch wore on the Wizard of Oz.  So much for that.  I'll have to talk to Lana about doing something different.  Because, those just do not work.  Talk about the waste of yarn.  Now they are all chopped up into little tiny pieces.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #67 on: Aug 03, 2011, 03:13:49 PM »
Along with finishing those off i've now done 3 little kleenex pack covers one in yellow one in purple and one in teal. 

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
« Reply #68 on: Aug 03, 2011, 05:24:09 PM »
tammy, you'd be surprised.  there are kids who like those socks!

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #69 on: Aug 04, 2011, 08:07:41 AM »
Well from Lana's face I don't think she liked them at all, and I didn't either.  I'll offer to do something different maybe she'll go for it. 

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #70 on: Nov 06, 2011, 09:58:52 AM »
Well the yard sale was a complete bust.  I lost oddles of money.  Fortunately the crocheted and quilted stuff can go for christmas presents.  Now all I have to do is wrap it and wait.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal