Author Topic: whose crocheting what?  (Read 15710 times)

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
whose crocheting what?
« on: Sep 16, 2011, 05:28:11 PM »
I'm slowly working on the curtain for the bedroom still.  this maybe one of those life time projects. Or maybe it will be one of those that just drags and then takes off. 

I'm 6 stitches short of completing a pair of slippers and I've run out of yarn.  I went back to the store and they didn't have anymore of the type I made it out of.  Isn't that just a pain?

So what projects are you working on?

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
Re: whose crocheting what?
« Reply #1 on: Sep 16, 2011, 05:42:48 PM »
What kind of yarn tammy?

I am working on finishing a dishcloth, then I will alternate between baby blankets and snowflakes. I might finish up some clowns too.
My friends here are some of the kindest on earth :kissies:

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #2 on: Sep 16, 2011, 08:33:29 PM »
I wish I knew.  The one time I toss the yarn binders is of course the one time I need them.  Isn't that always the way?

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #3 on: Sep 16, 2011, 08:34:20 PM »
If I could still work with the crochet thread I would definitely make myself some snowflakes but I can't handle the small stuff anymore.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #4 on: Oct 19, 2011, 05:06:05 PM »
I wore one of my designs to the meeting today and got two complements on it.  So I'm making one of them for Judy right after I finish the leg warmers and scarf for my neighbors other niece.  It's nice to stay busy. 

As unbelieveable as it is, I've got 4 of my Christmas Presents wrapped already.  I'm never this far along this early.  I guess it has to do with making the presents this year.

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
« Reply #5 on: Oct 19, 2011, 06:09:21 PM »
That's awesome Tammy!

Jessica

« Reply #6 on: Oct 20, 2011, 09:52:12 AM »
I have been knitting up a storm lately.  Spending a lot of time at the hockey rink gives me lots of knitting time. One of these days I will get some pictures.

Offline bestofour

• Elite Member
  • Wild Child
« Reply #7 on: Oct 20, 2011, 06:23:56 PM »
what are you knitting Jessica?  I never did finish my socks.  I don't even want too anymore.  I do need to make me some more dish cloths.

Jessica

« Reply #8 on: Oct 21, 2011, 09:31:58 AM »
what are you knitting Jessica?  I never did finish my socks.  I don't even want too anymore.  I do need to make me some more dish cloths.

Hats, cowls, mittens.  I seem to be on a cowl kick lately.  They will be so cozy at the hockey rink. :)

It is hard to pick up and finish a project after a long period of time.  I have some unfinished projects sitting in a basket too.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #9 on: Oct 21, 2011, 11:11:52 AM »
Agreed.  The cutains I was working on just are not making me happy so I'll probably look for a different design. 

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #10 on: Oct 31, 2011, 10:09:00 PM »
I'm working on the muffler to go with the latest pair of leggings.  That finishes Lana's order.  Then I'm back to figuring out what I'm going to do with the curtains.  I'm thinking I'll turn it into a sweater for Judy.  I'm just not into the curtains right now.

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
« Reply #11 on: Oct 31, 2011, 11:33:14 PM »
i am still working on my cape, snowflakes, angels, and needing to start working on the stuff of grams.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #12 on: Nov 01, 2011, 01:21:55 PM »
Your really a factory Jenn.  I can't get nearly as much done as you do. 

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #13 on: Nov 21, 2011, 10:44:22 PM »
Judy's sweater turned into a pair of leg warmers.  Imagine that, lol.  They are done so now all I have to do is wrap them and I'm back to having everything wrapped.  I have two presents left but they are easy they are applebee's gift cards.  That will come out of the next check. 

Now maybe after thanksgiving I'll pull out those etui boxes and give them another shot.  Anything is possible I guess. 

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
« Reply #14 on: Nov 21, 2011, 10:51:18 PM »
that sounds good tammy!  i have a couple of fish in progress and a scarf.  plus 3 different cross stitch projects.  and my cape.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #15 on: Nov 21, 2011, 10:56:01 PM »
That's a lot to have going at one time.  I used to do that.  Now I really try to stick to one thing at a time.  Not that it works for me all the time but I do try.  I've lost track of my curtains.  Don't ask me where they went I haven't a clue.  I hope I find them there are three skeins of yarn in that project already.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #16 on: Nov 22, 2011, 02:31:48 PM »
I found a website with vintage crochet patterns.  I've decided to do a Swash Swagger Hat to go with Judy's leggins.  I didn't want her to feel she got less than Robert got in his box.  It's comming along very nicely.  I may make one for myself after I am done with hers.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #17 on: Nov 27, 2011, 10:47:07 AM »
Well I finished that and then I did a ski cap for lana,  I did one heeless sock but I didn't like the way it came out so I'll probably undo that.  Then I couldn't find my christmas stocking so I did one of those.  Need to figure out how to do that alittle better but it will work for this year.  Now I'm working on a fitted end table cover for the bedroom using a basket weave pattern.  We'll see how it goes.

Offline bestofour

• Elite Member
  • Wild Child
« Reply #18 on: Nov 27, 2011, 02:55:22 PM »
What is a fitted end table cover?

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
« Reply #19 on: Nov 29, 2011, 08:05:59 PM »
What is a fitted end table cover?
yes, tammy, i would like to know also.  i know what i think it is, but would like your answer.

here is the fish i made, i have to make 2 more, this one was given to someone unexpectedly.

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #20 on: Nov 29, 2011, 08:22:19 PM »
Cute! And girly. JC needs a more blue one. Or orange or something.
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
« Reply #21 on: Nov 29, 2011, 08:24:04 PM »
the blue one for JC is already started :wink5:

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #22 on: Nov 30, 2011, 05:21:34 PM »
That is an adorable fish.

Well you all know that when you do a table cloth the corners end up much longer than you need to reach the floor if you do floor length right?  Well in order to fix that for a table covering there are two options.  Do a pleat by doubling back on about 5 stitches on each side of a corner when it first drops off of the corner of the table, and then don't increase at all from there in.  That will give you a pleated corner and a taylored look.  Or if your like me and not willing to fight that first corner in order to make the pleat then just don't increase at the corners and you will end up with something that looks like a cube without a bottom.  Fit it over the table and the table takes on more of a 3 dimensional geometric shape.  Rectangle, square, column whatever the top of the table looks like. 

That was probably completely confusing.  Jennifer your better at explaining things.  Can you take my explanation and run with it? 

Well I sent off the first two presents today.  Of course Mike wanted to know where his was in a playful manner.  I told him his was comming but hadn't gotten here yet.  It's an applebee's gift certificate and I haven't bought it yet.  I have to wait until payday. 

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
« Reply #23 on: Nov 30, 2011, 06:02:34 PM »
That is an adorable fish...
thank you tammy!

...Well you all know that when you do a table cloth the corners end up much longer than you need to reach the floor if you do floor length right?  Well in order to fix that for a table covering there are two options.  Do a pleat by doubling back on about 5 stitches on each side of a corner when it first drops off of the corner of the table, and then don't increase at all from there in.  That will give you a pleated corner and a taylored look.  Or if your like me and not willing to fight that first corner in order to make the pleat then just don't increase at the corners and you will end up with something that looks like a cube without a bottom.  Fit it over the table and the table takes on more of a 3 dimensional geometric shape.  Rectangle, square, column whatever the top of the table looks like.  

That was probably completely confusing.  Jennifer your better at explaining things.  Can you take my explanation and run with it? ...
:Blush: tammy, don't sell yourself short.  you did a good job on the explanation.  the only think i would have said different is "you know how when you have a floor length table cloth, the corners drag the floor because they are really longer than the rest? well..."

the rest of your explanation made perfect sense.  i did have to re-read the doubling back on the corners to create the pleated/folded effect, but that was because i was trying to imagine it as if i were making it.

i will say that if i were doing it, i would put a different kind of stitch for the corners, just to make them stand out on the sides.  so maybe if the item ended up with the top being a rectangle that has 30 stitches x 20 stitches, i would *sc (or double or whatever) for 28, the maybe popcorn, or puff, or a half size larger for 2, then sc for 18, then the maybe popcorn, or puff, or a half size larger for 2 again, then repeat from * until you got it length you wanted.  just to give definition to the corner "seams" as it were.  maybe it would be 18 sc, 2 hdc, 28 sc, 2 hdc, repeat.  does that make sense?  it will still make the corners a little longer (not if you used puffs or popcorns) but not much and will change the definition so that you have a defined "edge".

that is how i did the fish.  all the increases and decreases were on the top and bottom and it was crocheted continuous.  that made it "flat" so that when i stuffed it, and added the top and bottom fins, as well as pulled it together at the tail, it was clear where the lines were.

Offline sunsoaker

• Elite Member
  • Sunny Sylph
« Reply #24 on: Nov 30, 2011, 06:28:48 PM »
I understood you perfectly Tammy, and I don't crochet.
Dear Lord, On this day, please wrap your arm around my shoulder and keep your hand over my mouth.  Amen

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal