Author Topic: whose crocheting what?  (Read 15749 times)

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
Re: whose crocheting what?
« Reply #50 on: Dec 24, 2011, 09:33:51 AM »
I have a shrug and the cape coat to take pictures of so I can share them.  I may just get that done today.  The barbie doll clothes hangers frame should be dry now so I plan to try it out.  I hope it helps.  I've got my fingers crossed.  I still think a heavier gage of wire would also be helpful.  I haven't been able to find anything heavier than .45mm. 

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #51 on: Dec 24, 2011, 12:23:19 PM »
Well the hanger frame helps.  It's still not perfect but that's the wire I'm pretty sure.  Who knows maybe I'll come up with a plan to fix that too lol.  I have a hard time giving up.

The sweater that I'm working on.  I finished the sleeve and tried it on and it's too tight.  I'll have to start all over.  Now doesn't that just figure?

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
« Reply #52 on: Dec 24, 2011, 12:24:55 PM »
Ha e you looked at florist wire tammy? It is usually green but there is a gauge of it that is perfect.  I've used it myself for them
My friends here are some of the kindest on earth :kissies:

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #53 on: Dec 24, 2011, 01:41:39 PM »
I looked at it but it looked to thin for me.  Maybe it's just that I'm clutzy.

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #54 on: Dec 24, 2011, 02:11:30 PM »
I have two different gauges of florist wire. the thicker one would make decent hangers. There are different sizes of telephone or electrical wire with rubber coating that do make decent Barbie hangers. I taught my oldest how to make them from that.
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #55 on: Dec 24, 2011, 07:13:57 PM »
I'll have to stop by the florist shop and look at it. 

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
« Reply #56 on: Dec 24, 2011, 09:13:41 PM »
tammy, what you want is the wire they stick in fresh flowers when they are making large wreaths and sprays.  they poke it up in the head of the flower then sort of twist the stem and wire together loosely.  i don't know how to describe it but i know you have seen it before.  and there is one gauge heavier than that they have too if you need it.  but that is the one i used.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #57 on: Dec 25, 2011, 07:47:31 AM »
Sounds like it should work.  Thanks for the advice. 

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #58 on: Dec 26, 2011, 09:11:09 AM »
Currently I'm working on a barbie dress that will have a brass choker neckline and a mermaid silhouette in a dark purple.  It's taking a long time and I can't really tell you why.  The burgandy sweater for me is also taking a long time.  I pull out the work as often as I crochet it.  I need to really settle on a design before I commence work.  I'm becomming more wishy-washy every year.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #59 on: Dec 27, 2011, 12:12:19 PM »
Well I finished the dark purple mermaid dress.  I'm not sure If I'm going to put the brass choker on it or not.  As usual I can't make up my mind. 

Offline Bonnie

• Angel With Horns!
« Reply #60 on: Dec 27, 2011, 03:32:51 PM »
Sounds like it is real pretty. The brass chocker would make a nice touch.
This is me ->?

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #61 on: Dec 27, 2011, 04:59:04 PM »
i'll try and get pictures when it is sunny.  My house is very dark even when the lights are on.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #62 on: Jan 01, 2012, 10:04:46 AM »
I am definitely going to do something with the choker idea.  I went with sleeveless on the mermaid dress because I hadn't developed enough of an upside down "v" shape at the bodice of the dress.

I have finally decided to use the burgandy yarn for a wrap around sweater crocheted sideways using the shell pattern.  I'm going to loosely interpret the kimono jacket pattern that I had originally wanted to do.  Hopefully I'm not on my way to pulling out the entire thing again.  I still have undo the two arms I had completed of the traditional pull over sweater to retrieve all the yarn.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #63 on: Jan 02, 2012, 07:57:53 AM »
Yep I'm pulling out the entire thing again.  Talk about not being satisfied with anything when it comes to the yarn this time.  Well I think I'll go back to the original pattern.  Maybe I'll like it more now.  I'd better this is getting tiresome.  At this point I look at the yarn and groan.

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
« Reply #64 on: Jan 02, 2012, 12:33:09 PM »
i know that feeling tammy.  i am doing that with the baby blankets.  i think i have it figured out now... i hope.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #65 on: Jan 02, 2012, 02:48:16 PM »
I'll cross my fingers for you.  I'm doing a linked double crochet that is suppose to allow me to join the two pieces at the center back.  If I end up with a seam that shows I'm going to be unhappy.

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
« Reply #66 on: Jan 02, 2012, 03:30:30 PM »
i've never done a double linked crochet, so i don't know anything about that.  i did get the baby blanket started.  not what i wanted to start with, but it is working and i'll make it work.  i've got the first 4 1/2 rows done, so it is in the works for real now.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #67 on: Jan 02, 2012, 07:06:57 PM »
Double Linked Crochet is just done like an afghan stitch but it's only one pick up rather than many. 

I'm glad you have gotten a good start.  I've started the 7th row of the first side of the kimono jacket so I have a long way to go yet. 

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #68 on: Jan 08, 2012, 09:12:26 AM »
I pulled out the kimono jacket again.  Now I've done one side of the front and the side around the arm hole.  This maybe one of those projects that drives me nuts.  Fortunately I'm working on several things at once.

I have a very thin gray yarn that I made the strapless dress and shawl with.  Now I'm making a lamb chop sleeve, sweetheart neck full circle skirt dress.  The inspiration for it was done in red and cream but it's just not possible to find really thin yarn here in the states.  At least I've never run into a source for it.  So grey it is. 

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #69 on: Jan 17, 2012, 01:29:58 PM »
The dress for barbie is done.  The sleeves are alittle to full but other than that it turned out ok.

The kimono jacket is now becoming a sweatshirt styled sweater.  I've finished the back and I'm about 1/3 of the way finished on the front so it's comming right along. 

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #70 on: Jan 19, 2012, 05:34:23 PM »
The front is finished and I am now working on the first sleeve.  I love seeing progress with this yarn.  It was starting to drive me mad.  lol.

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
« Reply #71 on: Jan 19, 2012, 10:48:04 PM »
the first baby blanket is over 1/2 done now.  pictures will come soon.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #72 on: Jan 20, 2012, 04:55:38 PM »
Nice progress.  I look forward to seeing the pictures.

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
« Reply #73 on: Jan 21, 2012, 11:41:56 PM »
ok, here is the first baby blanket.  it is rolled up around the yarn, i'm still working on it.  it isn't a ripple, but rather shells, i am just doing 2 rows of each color which is giving it a ripple look.  i've got a little more than half the rows done, then i will edge it.

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #74 on: Jan 21, 2012, 11:44:37 PM »
That is pretty!
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal