Author Topic: Planning Stages  (Read 3919 times)

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
Planning Stages
« on: Dec 26, 2011, 09:34:39 AM »
I'm looking for information about future projects I'd like to attempt.  I'm hoping you can help me here.

Do I caulk between the shower pan and the fiberglass enclosure in the shower?  My drains are very slow and sometime the water gets very high and then of course there is the splatter.  Should that joint be caulked?

My shed has a batten siding on it.  The worst idea in the world in my opinion but then who am I?  Anyway the question is how in the world do I get it painted.  It's to close to the house to spray paint.  I tried with a brush and three coats in I'm still painting. 

I'd like to stain my deck the problem is the hill the house is on.  How do I paint the outside of the rails?  Do I have to get a ladder that has just one side?  My A-frame ladder does not work at all. 

How do I seal my blacktop?

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
Re: Planning Stages
« Reply #1 on: Dec 26, 2011, 12:19:07 PM »
Definitely caulk. You never want to give water any chances to get into your walls or flooring, etc. It does nasty things in dark, enclosed places.
I had to look up batten siding. And looking at those pics made me appreciate my t-111 siding a little more. I use a very fluffy roller to help get into the nooks and crannies. But if I really wanted to spray, I think I would invest in a large tarp and tape off the wall of the house and spray away.
I am not sure about your other questions. I know I would need help with those projects.
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

Offline bestofour

• Elite Member
  • Wild Child
« Reply #2 on: Dec 26, 2011, 05:50:17 PM »
Have you tried http://pinterest.com/  That site has all types of do it yourself stuff and explanations.

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
« Reply #3 on: Dec 26, 2011, 06:33:48 PM »
that looks like an interesting site sheri. how did you find it?
My friends here are some of the kindest on earth :kissies:

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #4 on: Dec 27, 2011, 12:13:43 PM »
I couldn't figure out how to navigate it.  I know I'm so slow.  As a computer nerd I'm a failure.

Offline UNCLEG

« Reply #5 on: Dec 27, 2011, 01:06:59 PM »
yeah what Tina said about the batten siding, use a thick roller and and brush.Also when you can figure out how to get to your deck rails use a small roller, it goes much faster than with a brush.

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
« Reply #6 on: Dec 27, 2011, 01:42:28 PM »
I couldn't figure out how to navigate it.  I know I'm so slow.  As a computer nerd I'm a failure.
I don't think so tammy. I had trouble with navigating that site too. It seemed to be a collection of other sites that folks had posted there. It did have some cool things though.
My friends here are some of the kindest on earth :kissies:

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #7 on: Dec 27, 2011, 05:04:48 PM »
A roller won't get between the batten one by material.  It's like a one inch square every 4 inches.  Maybe the little roller would work?  It really needs to be sprayed or possible I would put siding over the batten then I wouldn't have to worry about it anymore. 

Offline bestofour

• Elite Member
  • Wild Child
« Reply #8 on: Dec 27, 2011, 06:54:15 PM »
It's an online pin board and everyone I know uses it.  I've never used it but I did sign up.  A lot of my friends get recipes from there.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal