Author Topic: E Readers  (Read 2906 times)

Offline bestofour

• Elite Member
  • Wild Child
E Readers
« on: Jan 16, 2012, 10:51:48 AM »
Have we already discussed this?  I want either a Kindle or Nook and am wondering which to buy.  Do you have an opinion? :SmileyQmarks:

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
Re: E Readers
« Reply #1 on: Jan 16, 2012, 11:07:05 AM »
the only think i know about them is from Loz.  she said she researched them and the nook is better because you can replace the battery.  the kindle requires that you send it off for "service". 
My friends here are some of the kindest on earth :kissies:

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #2 on: Jan 16, 2012, 09:55:51 PM »
My sister has the Kindle Fire and she loves it.  It's kinda computer-ish, but it does a good job.  If you want to read on your e-reader outside, I would highly recommend the regular Kindle or the regular Nook.  I have a nook color and it is a dedicated e-reader with some "fun stuff" incorporated - but doesn't have the computer-ishness of the Fire.  You can store a ton of books on the Nook and even get memory cards if you need too.  This isn't an option with the Fire - once you fill up the machine you have to store your books online.  One cool thing is that my sister says (I don't know if I believe her) that you can "borrow" books with the kindle whereas you have to purchase your books with from B&N with the nook.  If you have friends with Nooks, you guys can Lend each other the books that you've purchased.  Did I confuse you more?  If I can help any, let me know.

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
« Reply #3 on: Jan 16, 2012, 11:33:12 PM »
oh, i forgot, loz borrows books from her library to read on her nook too.  and with the nook, you can lend books to friends.  she and jessica do that.
My friends here are some of the kindest on earth :kissies:

Offline bestofour

• Elite Member
  • Wild Child
« Reply #4 on: Jan 31, 2012, 04:39:19 PM »
I keep putting off ordering because it's confusing to me.  I guess I just need to pick one and go with it.

Offline sunsoaker

• Elite Member
  • Sunny Sylph
« Reply #5 on: Jan 31, 2012, 06:36:33 PM »
I was told that the Kindle Fire is hard to read outside. I wouldn't pay the money for it myself If you wall all that extra just get a netbook and put the ereader program on it. My understanding is that the regular Kindle and the Nook are easier to read, and the Nook comes with color.
Dear Lord, On this day, please wrap your arm around my shoulder and keep your hand over my mouth.  Amen

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal