Author Topic: Quilting Projects  (Read 17756 times)

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
Re: Quilting Projects
« Reply #25 on: Feb 24, 2012, 11:45:20 AM »
Ouch. I hate when that happens.
My friends here are some of the kindest on earth :kissies:

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #26 on: Feb 29, 2012, 04:57:28 PM »
I talked to carol today and she said i could you the fray check to keep the leaves from falling apart.  Also sewing father from the edge might help.  I'll try both things so I can get this project done.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #27 on: Mar 05, 2012, 02:21:24 PM »
The leaves are done, the flower stuffing is done, I need another 40 flowers to fill in my double hydranga.  And I have used the envelope method to finish the quilt.  I've chosen the trellis pattern for the background quilting.  And so I spent part of today laying down the painting tape to sew along. 

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #28 on: Mar 06, 2012, 09:41:25 AM »

These are out of order of course.  This picture should have come first since this is when I was making the leaves and flowers.

And this is the painters tape layed out in the trellis pattern that I will sew with the walkingfoot.  I've got my fingers crossed on that one.  At this point I've already done the envelope edging that finishes the quilt edges.  I have a little blind stitching to do where I turned it inside out. 

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
« Reply #29 on: Mar 06, 2012, 10:12:15 PM »
that is beautiful tammy!

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #30 on: Mar 07, 2012, 09:33:08 PM »
Thanks Jenn.  It's slow going.  I lost my flower pattern, made a new one and promptly lost that one.  I'll try and find it tomorrow.  Either than or make a new one.  Or maybe I'm suppose to work on something else.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #31 on: Mar 25, 2012, 09:01:57 AM »
Well yesterday I got halfway through the machine sewn quilting of the background.  I'll see glad to see the last of the quilting.  I found my flower pattern now I just need to cut out 40 of them.  That's on top of the 32 I've already cut out.  Won't be doing any more hydranga's after this one I don't think. 

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #32 on: Mar 27, 2012, 10:20:52 AM »
Another 25 percent of the background quilting done.  Now I only have 25 percent to go and that part of the project is done and I can concentrate on the flowers. 

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
« Reply #33 on: Mar 27, 2012, 10:54:04 AM »
you are doing well tammy.  keep it going!

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #34 on: Mar 28, 2012, 09:34:37 PM »
The background trellis is done and the first line of the boarder is done.  I still have the other side of the inner boarder fabric to do and then the outside boarder.  Then it's the hydranga.  It will end I can see the light at the end of the tunnel.  lol. 

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
« Reply #35 on: Mar 28, 2012, 09:59:23 PM »
you are getting there!

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #36 on: Mar 29, 2012, 08:43:25 AM »
Yes I am.  All that is left is the hand work, and it's a good thing too.  I'm going to have company for an extended time and I need to turn the craftroom back into a bedroom.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #37 on: Mar 30, 2012, 11:33:23 PM »
I tried taking the quilt to the meeting to work on.  It didn't work.  I didn't even finish closing up the blind stitch on the final side.  Ah, well I will get done.  Normal it's easiest for me to just spread it out on the dinningroom table so that the weight of the quilt doesn't pull me down. 

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #38 on: Jul 06, 2012, 08:40:43 AM »
They had a meeting of the Ladies of the Night Quilting Club.  I went and took the quilt.  I managed to embroider the center vein in about 4 leaves.  It's progress.  My problem is that when I don't get the results I want I have no motivation to push through and finish a project.  It was nice to get moral support.  I plan to attend on the 19th if possible.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #39 on: Aug 28, 2012, 08:25:07 AM »
Well the veins on the leaves are done and now I'm starting to put on the 40 florets with the bead centers.  It's been a comedy of errors of course.  I started putting them on with two beads in the center of each flower and of course they need three.  I'll get there but it may take forever.  But then again maybe that's a good thing.  If it takes forever then I'm not spending a great deal of money for supplies.

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #40 on: Aug 28, 2012, 12:34:44 PM »
A little forward is still progress, Tammy.
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

Offline bestofour

• Elite Member
  • Wild Child
« Reply #41 on: Aug 28, 2012, 05:13:59 PM »
I most definitely like that navy blue or royal blue or whatever color dark blue is.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #42 on: Aug 29, 2012, 08:45:13 AM »
I think both of those blues are dark.  I like them too. 

The lady that leads the group has a neat tool for making flower petals.  I believe it is Asian in design.  I hope to get one next payday.  Then when I finish this quilt I can start one with three dimensional flowers.  Just a top piece for my bedspread.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #43 on: Sep 07, 2012, 08:12:49 AM »
Always planning the next project before I finish the one I'm on.  Grrrrh.  Right now I'm trading off between finishing the quilt and knitting a batwing sweater.  I don't like knitting any more than quilting so it's not being a fun fall so far.  But I need some long sleeve sweaters.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #44 on: Sep 23, 2012, 08:44:54 PM »
Another half row of flowers at the last quilting club meeting.  I was busy talking rather than working so I didn't get much done.  But it was fun.

I'm thinking that I need to take the tablecloth off of the dinningroom table so I can finish the quilt.  Then maybe I would get the sweater done in a reasonable length of time.  But then maybe not. 

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #45 on: Sep 28, 2012, 09:14:12 AM »
The quilt is done.  Now I need to Make the sleeve for the back so I can hang it.  Of course while I'm here looking for inspiration for the next quilt that isn't getting done.  I'm so bad.  I did go by the fabric shop and ask Carol exactly how that is done.  It's better that than my usual trial and error method of doing things.

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
« Reply #46 on: Sep 28, 2012, 11:15:49 PM »
You are getting there Tammy. Slow and steady, or even slow and jerky gets forward movement.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #47 on: Sep 29, 2012, 08:33:00 PM »
I put the sleeve on the back of the quilt.  It was so easy when I have directions and follow them.  It's done.  Well except for hanging it.  I have a bamboo rod so it's just some hooks and I'm done. 

Now it's full speed ahead with the sweater.  At least until my back gives out.  The bad posture really does me in when knitting.

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #48 on: Sep 29, 2012, 09:34:29 PM »
Good job, Tammy. Can you post a picture when it is up on the wall?
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
« Reply #49 on: Sep 29, 2012, 10:15:21 PM »
Good job, Tammy. Can you post a picture when it is up on the wall?
i would like to see it too!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal