Author Topic: Collecting Buttons  (Read 4093 times)

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
Collecting Buttons
« on: May 21, 2012, 02:59:12 PM »
Who said I needed a new hobby?  I guess I did.  At an auction recently I picked up a tin full of antique buttons.  They are very dirty and I'm in the process of cleaning and sorting them.  It's taken several weeks to get even close to seeing the light at the end of the tunnel.  Who knows how much longer it will take to get there.  But it's kind of fun.  So if you need any buttons for any of your projects just let me know. 

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
Re: Collecting Buttons
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2012, 09:32:48 PM »
i wish i had gotten my grandmother's box of buttons before she got rid of them.  i loved playing in the button jar!
My friends here are some of the kindest on earth :kissies:

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2012, 09:55:28 PM »
I collect buttons. Not only antiques but novelty buttons as well. They are fun and small. I used to love going into antique stores and purchasing. But those prices have gone whacky.
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2012, 10:24:45 AM »
My mom had a button jar too and she didn't even sew.  A couple of years ago I got a jar of buttons at a flea market.  I sorted and cleaned them all and thought nothing else about it.  When I bought the sewing cabinet it went in the drawer.  Now I'm going to need some of those organizer boxes lol.  I know OCD on the rampage here.

Offline bestofour

• Elite Member
  • Wild Child
« Reply #4 on: May 22, 2012, 07:42:39 PM »
Buttons are fun for making cards.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2012, 03:02:57 PM »
I love the homemade cards I get.  I treasure them.  I did have them on the wall until the bookcases took over.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #6 on: Sep 20, 2013, 08:58:17 AM »
I bought one of those 64 drawer organizers that guys use for there nuts and bolts.  It has dividers that make it into 128 compartments.  That should have been enough right?  Not even close.  Can you believe it?  Well it is better.  Now if I'll just use some of the buttons what is left will all fit right?  It's a thought.  Anyone need any buttons?

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
« Reply #7 on: Sep 20, 2013, 10:13:52 PM »
it is funny you said that tammy.  i use one of those drawer things to "catch" buttons, etc in my laundry room.  i need to sort it and put the things away where they really go, including the buttons either on the articles of clothing, or wherever it is that i have the rest of my buttons stashed (not the first clue where that is though!)
My friends here are some of the kindest on earth :kissies:

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #8 on: Sep 25, 2013, 08:42:48 PM »
Don't mention those buttons!  I bought 4 shirts and three of them had extra buttons in little baggies attached to the label rather than sewing into the clothing.  Considering what I paid they should have at least sewn them on.  Oh well at least I have extras.

Offline bestofour

• Elite Member
  • Wild Child
« Reply #9 on: Sep 30, 2013, 10:36:06 PM »
I have buttons stashed all over this house.  Darbi and I  used to make crafts and she loved using buttons.  Colby and Aubry aren't so interested.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #10 on: Oct 01, 2013, 09:15:38 AM »
I try to keep things organized so I don't go out and buy something that I already have.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal