Author Topic: How Do I Start Cuttings Of My Cacti?  (Read 13450 times)

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
How Do I Start Cuttings Of My Cacti?
« on: Oct 12, 2012, 09:51:01 AM »
I have a Thanksgiving, Easter, and Christmas cactus and I am wondering how to start cuttings off of them to pot. They are very good houseplants for me because they seem to like neglect... :wink5:
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
Re: How Do I Start Cuttings Of My Cacti?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 12, 2012, 11:32:06 AM »
Take a cutting from them and neglect it. At least a couple of days until the cut dries up. Pot the cuttings an inch or a little less in a good cactus medium and return to your neglectful mode. They may need a touch more watering than your mother plants. About a month later, check to see if they have begun to form roots. Or are just rotting on you.
Good luck.
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
« Reply #2 on: Oct 12, 2012, 12:08:58 PM »
Thank you, Tina. :NewHug: Do I cut them at the joints or in the middle of the leaves?
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #3 on: Oct 12, 2012, 12:40:55 PM »
In the leaf is best, Dianna.
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

Offline Ariel

« Reply #4 on: Oct 12, 2012, 01:13:05 PM »
My friend gave me a cutting of her Aloe plant and just like Tina said let it dry then plant. I just did dirt and it took off in fact we did that with the christmas one too :)

Mine finally flowered the other day!! lol It too is neglected above my kitchen sink!
"A Good exercise for the heart is to bend down and help another up" -Anonymous

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
« Reply #5 on: Oct 12, 2012, 03:44:23 PM »
Thanks, Ladies... :grinnnn:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal