Author Topic: Stuff it or not?  (Read 2665 times)

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
Stuff it or not?
« on: Nov 02, 2012, 02:57:06 PM »
Ok, it's that time of year again and the question remains the same...Do I stuff the bird or do I put the stuffing in a pan?

I normally stuff that silly bird.  And if I have any left over it goes in a pan.  What do you do?  Are you afraid of bacteria growing in your stuffing?

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
Re: Stuff it or not?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 02, 2012, 07:43:33 PM »
I put it up too quickly to worry about bacteria growing. I love a stuffed bird. I think it tastes better than the leftovers in the pan even with bird juices added during cooking. I also think it helps the bird stay moister.
But an unstuffed bird does cook a little faster. And a whole onion or two tucked into an empty bird helps with flavor and moisture.
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
« Reply #2 on: Nov 03, 2012, 03:58:03 AM »
I put my stuffing in a pan... :grinnnn:
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline bestofour

• Elite Member
  • Wild Child
« Reply #3 on: Nov 04, 2012, 11:34:17 AM »
I've done it both ways BUT my family would rather have lasagna or steak so I'm not cooking another turkey. 

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
« Reply #4 on: Nov 04, 2012, 06:44:02 PM »
I've done it both ways BUT my family would rather have lasagna or steak so I'm not cooking another turkey. 
:giggle: we eat turkey 2 times a year.  once for thanksgiving and once sometime in the middle when we eat the second bird i get while they are on sale.

as for stuffing, we always put it in a pan.  never had stuffed in the bird stuffing.
My friends here are some of the kindest on earth :kissies:

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #5 on: Nov 09, 2012, 08:32:38 AM »
I would probably get turkey breasts during the year to cook but the price goes way up and if it's between turkey or beef I always choose beef.  What can I say?

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal