Author Topic: I'm having homemade pumpkin pie this year  (Read 2403 times)

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
I'm having homemade pumpkin pie this year
« on: Nov 02, 2012, 03:03:45 PM »
I've started practicing making pie crusts already.  The first one was not bad.  But the top crust was more crumbly than flaky.  But since the pumpkin pie doesn't have a top crust I'm good to go.  Tomorrow I'm going after the Libby's pumpkin.  The big can because I like a thick filling.  I think I'll get too because I'm thinking of doing the Pumpkin Spice Bread in a Jar for some of my local friends.  I'm not sure about shipping parishables.  The Post Office has a bunch of signs up about not doing it.  I'm thinking I'll use the aluminum cake pans for the pie so it is the right depth.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
Re: I'm having homemade pumpkin pie this year
« Reply #1 on: Nov 09, 2012, 08:36:02 AM »
Aluminum pans are bad!!!  I used one this year and the filling ended up all over the cabinets and floor along with the hot oven door.  So I'll have to buy a second glass pie pan if I want to do two pies.  And it is the best idea to do two pies.  I can really eat pumpkin pie. 

I messed up the pie crust by adding sugar to the recipe.  But the libby's pie filling was everything it is suppose to be.  I love Libby's Pumpkin Pies.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal