Author Topic: Who's crocheting what? part 3  (Read 15299 times)

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
Re: Who's crocheting what? part 3
« Reply #75 on: Mar 29, 2013, 08:18:05 AM »
I'm going to take the completed one out there this morning and try it on.  I've got my fingers crossed. 

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #76 on: Mar 30, 2013, 06:39:16 PM »
I didn't make a toe at the end of each boot so they cover up the rear view mirror just alittle.  I'll have to remember that next time.

Now I'm taking all the ends of skeins and making a notebook cover for my address book. 

It's just a 1 1/2 inch notebook and the front and back cover had started to come apart.  I duct taped them and now I'm going to make a cover for it.  That way it will last forever right?

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
« Reply #77 on: Mar 30, 2013, 07:38:22 PM »
i don't know about forever, but a whole lot longer than they did before.
My friends here are some of the kindest on earth :kissies:

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #78 on: Mar 30, 2013, 08:18:53 PM »
That's my hope.  I hate having to throw things away that cost good money.

Are you working on anything right now?

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
« Reply #79 on: Mar 30, 2013, 09:13:27 PM »
just a few dishcloths.  although i'm going to start on a baby doll set soon.  i think.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #80 on: Mar 31, 2013, 07:56:02 AM »
"baby doll set"  Are we talking like a sweater and bonnet, or something else and is this for a baby doll or a baby?  Inquiring minds want to know again.  Nosey aren't I?

The notebook cover is comming along.  I've had to decrease a great deal when I went from caron to red heart yarns.  Now I'm back to caron so I'll probably have to increase.  Where the colors change I do thos stitches that go several rows into the previous color to make like a star burst.  I can't remember the name of the stitch right now but it's looking good to me.  Hopefully i'm on my last color change since this is an almost full skein. 

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
« Reply #81 on: Mar 31, 2013, 12:42:10 PM »
i'm thinking a blanket, and maybe a basket purse to put a baby doll in.  not really sure.  it is still rumbling in my mind right now.  i am hoping they have some good deals on cheap baby dolls at the dollar store next time i'm in there.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #82 on: Apr 01, 2013, 08:36:29 AM »
I've been thinking about purses but that's all I've been doing.  When ever I think about all the little compartments I would want in the perfect purse I get overwhelmed. 

Your basket purse for a baby doll sounds cute. 

Usually I don't do much crafting during the summer prefering to spend the time in the garden.  I'm not sure what I'm going to do this year. 

I've been looking at home decor items for winter and spring over on ravelry.  I would like a wreath for each seasons/holiday and something for the table as well.  Just for a little change and I've always though those were the homey touches that really made a home welcoming.  That's just me though. 

I have so much on my que that without adding a thing I'll probably be crafting for several years.  And that is kind of keeping me from really getting excited about any projects right now. 

Well wish me luck. 

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #83 on: Apr 08, 2013, 01:28:42 PM »
I finished the notebook cover.  I'm not excited about it but it is done.  I'm not sure I'm going to start another crochet project right away. 

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #84 on: Apr 09, 2013, 03:37:21 PM »
OK, I've officially lost it.  I put an embroidered tunisian afghan in my favorites over on ravelry.  Absolutely crazy.  And I know it and I still put it in there.  Anyone got one of those long sleeve jackets with buckles I can use?

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #85 on: Apr 16, 2013, 07:10:18 AM »
Ok I don't have any yarn for a crochet project right now and it's not in the budget until July.  So unless something changes I'm on break from crochet. 

What are you doing?

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #86 on: May 08, 2013, 09:26:49 AM »
An idea has occured. 

I have a fair amount of space at the top and bottom of the butterfly quilt because I need it larger to fit my window than the pattern is.  My subconscience has been working on the problem and here is the solution.  On the top I'm going to do a crocheted piece that looks like one of those arched windows that top rectangular windows were the ceiling is abnormally high.  I'm thinking I want to go oval rather than half round because the space is wider than it is tall.  I'm thinking that I want lots of negative space so using a modified fan motif with teardrop sections with the center of the section open.  So it will look like a bunch of fancy molding and clear glass.  For the bottom a set of 4 or 5 pannels with a different flower in each pannel.  It will appear as a long short rectangle with each pannel being a square. 

I'm going to repeat this post in quilts so I don't loose track of it.

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
« Reply #87 on: May 08, 2013, 04:34:37 PM »
that sounds pretty tammy

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #88 on: May 08, 2013, 05:56:54 PM »
Thank you, if i had a scanner I'd try to put a picture of the drawing here but I don't and the printer in town is way to expensive. 

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #89 on: May 21, 2013, 09:12:43 AM »
The more I try and get the template to look right the more wrong it looks.  I think I'll just have to start work and finagle as I go.  I hope it works this old woman is running out of ideas. 

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #90 on: May 21, 2013, 09:15:49 AM »
Oo, oo, oo I just had a great idea.  Harriet has been having trouble with the gazebo.  I can crochet the trellis'.  I'll e-mail her and see what she thinks.

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
« Reply #91 on: May 21, 2013, 11:01:25 AM »
that's a good idea tammy.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #92 on: May 21, 2013, 03:34:21 PM »
I think so too.  I hope she likes it as well.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #93 on: Nov 05, 2013, 11:06:56 AM »
Ok, I had to empty the yarn bag to take a sample to Harriet to show me how to do the heel.  And I'm not liking the sweater.  So since I just bought 5 pairs of socks I'm thinking I'm going to try designing the vest of my dreams.  And then using the gray yarn for that.  It will leave me with extra but that's ok. 

Here is the thought a double point front, use the 4 crystal buttons, do a modesty pannel and then loops to work with the buttons.  Do a long oval cutaway neckline.  2 inch side vents.  Do the vest in stockenette stitch except for one inch around the outside edge all the way around.  So around the neck, down the front, around the hem.  There I'm thinking of doing something bobbly.  I'll have to look in the knit book and see what I find.  Or I might do the entire thing in crochet.  I'm much better at that.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #94 on: Nov 05, 2013, 10:30:54 PM »
Ok I've started the gray vest.  We'll see how it goes.  So far I've done the modesty panel and started the front right.  I'm working from bottom up.  We'll see how it goes. 

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #95 on: Nov 06, 2013, 05:48:48 PM »
I've finished the point and the bottom boarder up to the vent.  I'm excited, lets hope that continues lol.

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
« Reply #96 on: Nov 06, 2013, 09:33:39 PM »
well, this is the record doily, version 1.  i've already pulled it out because i didn't like the way it laid.  it is coming out much better this time.

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #97 on: Nov 06, 2013, 10:14:20 PM »
I do like it. But understand you want a flat doily.
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #98 on: Nov 07, 2013, 09:55:10 AM »
ironing will take the body out of the yarn and make it lay flat as long as you haven't got any bobbles.  I usually have bobbles when I try and work in the round. 

Offline bestofour

• Elite Member
  • Wild Child
« Reply #99 on: Nov 07, 2013, 04:16:13 PM »
cool.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal