Author Topic: Valentine's Day Dinner Menu Plan  (Read 3659 times)

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
Valentine's Day Dinner Menu Plan
« on: Feb 18, 2013, 12:11:36 PM »
I know it's tooooooo late for this year.  But I wasn't happy with my menu plan for this year and I was racking my brain for something that would work.  Then I discussed it with Harriet and now I know what I'm having next Valentine's Day.

Cordon Bleu
Asparagus Spears with Cream Sauce
Beet Green Salad with slivered beets and a vinegarette dressing
Squash Souffle
Cresant Rolls with Honey Butter
Sparkling Apple Cider
Black Forest Cake

So what is your favorite meal for Valentine's Day?

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
Re: Valentine's Day Dinner Menu Plan
« Reply #1 on: Feb 18, 2013, 12:19:20 PM »
While we are on the subject of Valentine's Day what special decorations do you have?

I have red solid tableclothes and white lace tableclothes,  Red Chargers and a candleabra - although the candleabra is black wrought iron.  Red or White Napkins.

I'm thinking maybe some paper mache or wire heart napkin rings.  Something valentines day stlyed maybe scroll work in embroidery on some placemats.  Possible a garland of pink and white silk rosebuds to drape around the candleabra? 

Offline bestofour

• Elite Member
  • Wild Child
« Reply #2 on: Feb 18, 2013, 10:11:04 PM »
I'm eatin' with you duh!!!

Johnny and I don't do anything special for Valentines Day.  We gave each other cards but that was all.

If the grans come over during that time we  use special dishes and glasses and act like we're eating some place special.

I have put out a Valentines wreath in years past and I always hung a heart shaped wooden wreath on my health room doors when I worked.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #3 on: Feb 22, 2013, 05:25:02 AM »
I'll set an extra plate.

I would like a valentines day wreath that sounds like a good idea.  I've tried making them when I was a teenager - I wasn't to successful.  Maybe I can talk one of my crafty friends into doing one. 

I talked to Edie about valentines day decorations but she says she just decorates for spring in a little bit.  She likes birds and nests for those decorations. 

I have some white and gold material and I bought some pink faux roses.  So I guess my candleholder garland is in the works lol.  We'll see where it goes.   

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
« Reply #4 on: Feb 23, 2013, 11:52:36 PM »
tammy, my daughter did a nice wreath for her daugher's room out of yarn and some felt roses that would be terrific for valentines day.  i'll grab a picture of it and post it for you along with the directions.  it is cute, easy, and fairly cheap.  and you can use up some of your yarn bits if you want, or you can buy new yarn (she did and then gave me the left overs, i tried to let me give her my leftover bits instead, it didn't work.)
My friends here are some of the kindest on earth :kissies:

Offline bestofour

• Elite Member
  • Wild Child
« Reply #5 on: Feb 24, 2013, 08:46:42 PM »
I'd like to see a picture of that too Jen.  Sounds cute.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #6 on: Feb 25, 2013, 11:21:33 AM »
yes it does.  I lookforward to seeing it.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #7 on: Feb 07, 2014, 11:37:52 AM »
What Happened to the Picture?

It's that time again.  I have pink rose for the table and I'm planning to leave out the asparagus since I think there are enough veggies without it. 

I may have to have Valentines day dinner on Saturday since I'm doing lunch with my sponsor on Friday.

Offline bestofour

• Elite Member
  • Wild Child
« Reply #8 on: Feb 08, 2014, 11:05:42 PM »
are you looking for a center piece for Valentines Day?

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #9 on: Feb 18, 2014, 09:51:46 AM »
Pretty much the center piece is the candlabra with a cream and gold material threaded through it and the pink roses threaded through the material.  It's pretty.  I wish I could do pictures but I'm stuck on how to do that. 

My friends couldn't make it so I really cut down on what I did for the menu.  Maybe next year will be better.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal