Author Topic: What's for Dinner? #45  (Read 7978 times)

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
What's for Dinner? #45
« on: Jul 10, 2013, 04:12:29 PM »
Adam is cooking tonight - which means there is a very high chance we will eat out.   :giggle:

Offline bestofour

• Elite Member
  • Wild Child
Re: What's for Dinner? #45
« Reply #1 on: Jul 11, 2013, 01:26:21 PM »
How'd that work out for you landofoz?

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #2 on: Jul 11, 2013, 04:20:26 PM »
We ate out.  Surprise, surprise.  It was Chinese take out, which I really do adore so I'm not complaining!

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #3 on: Jul 11, 2013, 07:30:08 PM »
Like button
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

Offline bestofour

• Elite Member
  • Wild Child
« Reply #4 on: Jul 12, 2013, 07:11:58 PM »
I baked a whole chicken for last night so tonight I made chicken soup with the left overs.  Johnny loves chicken soup and it's rainy and dreary (winter weather would be better) so it worked out. 

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #5 on: Jul 23, 2013, 10:56:27 AM »
I love soup.  I've been craving it like crazy here recently but I know I'd get complaints for serving it in July.  I hope it was good, Sheri!

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
« Reply #6 on: Jul 25, 2013, 07:31:15 PM »
 breakfast :BigGrin:
My friends here are some of the kindest on earth :kissies:

Offline sunsoaker

• Elite Member
  • Sunny Sylph
« Reply #7 on: Jul 25, 2013, 09:37:43 PM »
Hot dogs. lol
Dear Lord, On this day, please wrap your arm around my shoulder and keep your hand over my mouth.  Amen

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #8 on: Jul 28, 2013, 09:53:05 PM »
I had one of those made up dinners using what was on hand.  Turned out to be a kinda mexican pasta dish.  I used chicken, rotel, diced tomatoes, mojito lime seasoning, red pepper flakes, and campanelle noodles.  Topped it with cheese for everyone but me. I put on fake mexican-style non-dairy cheese that ACTUALLY melted!  (Most non-dairy stuff tastes horribly sour and has the same texture has your car's front tire and they don't melt well at all.)

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #9 on: Jul 28, 2013, 10:22:19 PM »
I am glad you have found a fake cheese that works, Sarah!
Dinner is going to be leftovers or a bowl of cereal or something. I have not yet decided.

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #10 on: Aug 02, 2013, 06:08:58 PM »
My sister called at the last minute and needed a babysitter for the weekend - so I have 2 extra people here to feed.  Since she is a picky eater, so are her kids which means they are frequently hungry at my house 'cause I don't run a catering business.  Tonight we will be making our own mini pizzas, which should be a hit with all of them since they can put on or leave off whatever toppings offend their under-used tastebuds.

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #11 on: Aug 02, 2013, 07:37:06 PM »
The best thing for kids like that is to experiment and spend time with people who eat differently. A kid who can't stand black olives in their potato salad may find they like them on pizza.
I am dying for spaghetti. I will whip up some at some point this weekend. Tonight though, it will be mac n cheese for my picky eater. With peas and carrots involved.

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #12 on: Aug 16, 2013, 09:04:33 PM »
I hope you were able to get your spaghetti, Tina.

Tonight I made some cabbage rolls in the crockpot.  It would have been served with a veggie but Adam and the girls ate while I was out getting my hair done and let's just say that veggies are not at the top of their lists...

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #13 on: Aug 16, 2013, 10:17:17 PM »
I did make some spaghetti. Just enough for a meal for myself.
I have been snacking through meals for the most part. Although I get hungry, I don't feel like slaving over a hot crockpot lately. And my family is snack-y too.

Offline sunsoaker

• Elite Member
  • Sunny Sylph
« Reply #14 on: Aug 17, 2013, 07:15:32 PM »
A not so healthy plate of fried taters and kielbasa. May even have to go for seconds (since I don't seem to be able to get the hang of cooking for one. lol)
Dear Lord, On this day, please wrap your arm around my shoulder and keep your hand over my mouth.  Amen

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #15 on: Aug 20, 2013, 11:16:17 PM »
Tonight was Rachael's request: lemon caper braised chicken, pretzel rolls, rice, and some seasoned corn.  Maybe a carb loaded meal but Rachael loved it!!

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #16 on: Aug 20, 2013, 11:20:43 PM »
Sounds delicious,Sarah.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #17 on: Oct 07, 2013, 08:45:09 AM »
tonight is steak!  And of course baked potatoes with sour cream and chives.  And I have an acorn squash to bake as well with butter brown sugar and a sprinkle of nutmeg slathered over the top while baking.  Lots of fork holes in it to help the butter mixture get inside.  Yummy.

I've been snacking on bad things for a couple of weeks now.  I've got to get a handle on things.  I notice that when I do this and don't take my diabetes medicine my eyes are the first to go.  I think these are the sytoms of the manic part of the bi-polar cycle.   

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
« Reply #18 on: Oct 08, 2013, 02:58:35 PM »
tammy, your dinner sounds good.  and i think you are right, eating the wrong things and not taking the right meds are part of the manic phase.  and they can bring on a manic phase as well.  as can too much caffeine.  i see that a lot.

Offline sunsoaker

• Elite Member
  • Sunny Sylph
« Reply #19 on: Oct 08, 2013, 07:16:51 PM »
when your eyes go, it's the diabetics pure and simple. When your sugar level have been too high, the fluid in your eye gets thick with it and blurs your vision. I have had personal experience with that. The diabetes being out of what might trigger a manic phase.

Your dinner sound super yummy. I am having 'sghetti. Got the noodles on the stove now.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #20 on: Oct 09, 2013, 07:54:50 AM »
Glad to know what is going on. 

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #21 on: Oct 11, 2013, 03:30:28 PM »
The first guinea pig dinner went off without a hitch.  It was a slow cooked pork roast with veggies and it was so moist and I don't mean grease.  And so flavorful.  I'm rather ashamed to admit that I'm glad noone showed up.  I'll have fantastic leftover all week.  How bad is that? 

Should I mention that I'll be having leftovers tonight?

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #22 on: Oct 12, 2013, 02:47:22 PM »
he he he leftovers again.  Yeah!

Offline sunsoaker

• Elite Member
  • Sunny Sylph
« Reply #23 on: Oct 12, 2013, 07:12:01 PM »
Yup, 'sghetti for the kids. Nothing for me as my tummy is upset. If it settles down later, I'll make a plate.

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
« Reply #24 on: Oct 12, 2013, 11:11:20 PM »
we had steak, scalloped potatoes, and corn & limas.  it was supposed to be beef veggie soup/stew (thicker than soup, but not really stew).  i took the package of meat out of the freezer that i thought was chicken (i was going to can it) and it was steaks that were not freezer burnt yet.  so on the grill they went!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal