Author Topic: Still looking for the perfect stuffing flavored bread loaf recipe  (Read 2391 times)

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
I mentioned this in a 2008 recipe and had already been looking for it for over 8 years.  I'm still looking.  A lady over on paperbackswap.com recommended the Country Sage Bread from the Taste of Home website and I've decided to try it.  The only change I'm making to the recipe is to use rapid rise yeast.  For me it seems to work so much better.  I have the ingredients I just have to fit it in amoung the other things I want to do.  Wish me luck. 

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
Re: Still looking for the perfect stuffing flavored bread loaf recipe
« Reply #1 on: Oct 15, 2013, 09:30:22 AM »
I think I killed the yeast with the water being to warm.  But we'll see.  I already know from the color of the bread that it isn't the old recipe that I'm looking for.  Of course that doesn't mean that it can't be a really good recipe in it's own right.  I should have started over when I dumped in the yeast.  I can be sooooooooo stupid.  Well cross your fingers for me.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
Re: Still looking for the perfect stuffing flavored bread loaf recipe
« Reply #2 on: Oct 15, 2013, 04:12:21 PM »
A mouthful of nutmeg.  The bread isn't edible and it has nothing to do with the yeast.  I couldn't taste the sage at all but I used the 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg at the top of the suggested amount because mine is over 1 year old.  Boy what a mistake.  That's all i tasted and I'm still tasting it.  That's bad.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal