Author Topic: Halloween Project Pictures Welcome  (Read 3958 times)

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
Halloween Project Pictures Welcome
« on: Oct 17, 2013, 09:22:05 AM »
I'm doing a black feathered half mask with rhinestones and ribbons.  At least that is the plan.

What decorations are you doing for halloween.  Doesn't matter whether they are new or old commercial or homemade we want to see.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
Re: Halloween Project Pictures Welcome
« Reply #1 on: Oct 28, 2013, 11:05:38 AM »
I finally got started on the mask.  It should be done by the 30th.  I'll have pictures when it is finished.  right now it is just a bunch of feathers.  Spilled glue all down the sides of the container today just for fun.  I was trying to put the little bit in two containers together.  There was a lot more than i realized. 

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #2 on: Oct 31, 2013, 01:28:25 PM »
lol well it will be done and dusty for next year. 

today I finished putting on the feathers.  Tomorrow will be the ribbon and then the next day the ribbons.  I'll have to go back to the store for a big central gemstone for the forehead.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #3 on: Nov 02, 2013, 02:38:15 PM »
I got the rhinestones so I should be done the day after tomorrow.  Unless I get foggy and put one on tonight.  We'll see.  And of course me taking pictures of black things never works well so don't expect much lol. 

I can't believe this crafty bunch isn't filling this thread with fun things.  Well maybe next year. 

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
« Reply #4 on: Nov 02, 2013, 10:21:29 PM »
tammy, since we were traveling the weekend before, we really did not do anything for halloween.  i didn't even buy a pumpkin this year.
My friends here are some of the kindest on earth :kissies:

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #5 on: Nov 03, 2013, 09:41:45 AM »
Well without tricker treaters it's harder to work up any enthusiasm unless something is done at your work.   I don't think I've ever bought a pumpkin.  To messy. 

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #6 on: Nov 03, 2013, 10:01:29 AM »
The final rhinestone has been glued on, i hope.  I'll let it dry today and then take a picture tomorrow.  I'm thinking I may replace the elastic band with two thin piece of ribbon that can be tied.  But I'll have to think about that.  Usually I keep doing things to pieces until I ruin them.  I'd like to avoid that with this and future projects. 

Offline bestofour

• Elite Member
  • Wild Child
« Reply #7 on: Nov 03, 2013, 03:19:35 PM »
I have a few pretend pumpkins I sit around then a few of the grans that are still interested come and decorate real ones.  This year it was Colby and Aubry.  We dress up but only trick or treat at the homes of people we know.

We don't usually carve the pumpkins.  We paint and glitter and glue.  I leave the carving for their own houses.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #8 on: Nov 03, 2013, 04:00:32 PM »
I have a couple of the small gourds but that's all.  No pumpkins.  If there was a way to preserve them I might think about it.  I just hate the waste.

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
« Reply #9 on: Nov 03, 2013, 09:00:47 PM »
I have a couple of the small gourds but that's all.  No pumpkins.  If there was a way to preserve them I might think about it.  I just hate the waste.
yep.  that'd be why i don't do pumpkins.
My friends here are some of the kindest on earth :kissies:

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #10 on: Nov 04, 2013, 09:21:01 AM »
I have a picture of the mask.  Like more projects in black I can't get it to show up well.  But you can get the idea.  I'll try and upload to photobucket and then here but it maybe tomorrow before I can manage it.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal