Gardening > In The Kitchen

Finding the recipe when I want it

(1/5) > >>

duh:
I have so many cookbooks now that I can't find what I want when I want it.  And I don't want to put them all in the computer.  So I decided to make an index.

I'm using a spread sheet and so far it has 18 sheets in it.  One sheet for each division.  Like appetizers, breakfast foods, food storage, and the like.  I've put in about 400 recipes titles so far, plus where they are located, the type of recipe, and I have a second for remarks.  I've also color coded my all time favorites in red.  Easy to see them. 

I'm hoping this will motivate me to do more cooking. 

My only worry is if this file crashes like the library catalog did how awful that would be.  I still haven't gotten that put back together. 

Tina:
I know that problem well. I have recipes galore.  I hope you can save them, Tammy. Have you thought about backing it up on a flash drive or something?

duh:
I've been told it is the size of the file that causes it to be vulnerable to crashing.  It's 228kb right now.  I'm thinking of breaking it down to each type of recipe and putting them in a folder.  One file for appetizers, one for brunches, one for breakfasts...that kind of thing. 

Then they would still have to be backed up.  I'll probably use the online backup website that jennifer recommended. 

sunsoaker:
You can get 32 meg thumb drive pretty reasonable these days.

duh:
Is a thumb drive the same as a flash drive?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version