Author Topic: St. Patrick's Day Menu and Decoration  (Read 3374 times)

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
St. Patrick's Day Menu and Decoration
« on: Feb 18, 2014, 09:56:02 AM »
This is a fun holiday.  It seems to have become all about drinking beer.  So I need to change that big time. 

I'm going to do the traditional Corned Beef and cabbage with boiled potatoes, carrots, and onions added in.  I'd like a nice bread to add to it but I not real sure as to which recipe.  I'm thinking my Airy Scones might be the answer.  Would some kind of a custard be a good desert for this menu?  If so what kind?

And does anyone have a good idea for a center piece that is attractive rather than corny?  I'm really not into leprechauns.  Any help would be appreciated. 

Offline bestofour

• Elite Member
  • Wild Child
Re: St. Patrick's Day Menu and Decoration
« Reply #1 on: Feb 18, 2014, 12:26:47 PM »
I like the sound of Airy Scones.  Yummy.

An inexpensive center piece could be one of those green, sparkly top hats with some of the green clover confetti thrown about the hat.  Or maybe a short, solid white vase with just some dark greenery in it with a few pieces of clover confetti.  Or maybe just a shamrock in a pot.

The only custard I've ever made is an egg custard pie.

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
« Reply #2 on: Feb 20, 2014, 09:56:02 PM »
sheri's idea is good, and another one is to get one of the plastic top hats, and put some green or red oxalis in it.  oxalis is pretty and makes a good house plant.
My friends here are some of the kindest on earth :kissies:

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #3 on: Feb 25, 2014, 10:45:47 AM »
How about using the top hat as the pot and putting gold foil wrapped chocolate coins in it?  I'm so simple minded.  And where did you find the shamrock confetti?

Maybe a molded salad?  I have a variety of molds although nothing that is really about St Patty's Day.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #4 on: Feb 25, 2014, 10:48:49 AM »
There will be 5 of us for dinner.  I'm going to do the corned  beef in the electric roaster.  It's going to be all girls and I've started to clean already.  Today it was all about squaring away the craftroom.  Since I know we'll all pile in there for a time. 

This is going to be fun.  The only thing that would make it more fun is if you all could come.

Offline bestofour

• Elite Member
  • Wild Child
« Reply #5 on: Feb 25, 2014, 11:40:53 AM »
Confetti can be found where wrapping paper is.  It comes in clear, plastic bags or you can get strings of it.  I like the idea of using the top hat as a candy container.  I'd be the one eating all that chocolate.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #6 on: Mar 18, 2014, 10:25:45 AM »
the snow killed my dinner party.  The good part is that I have yummy leftovers.  To bad they won't last long enough to freeze.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal