Author Topic: Quilting Projects #3  (Read 15557 times)

Offline bestofour

• Elite Member
  • Wild Child
Re: Quilting Projects #3
« Reply #25 on: Jul 16, 2015, 10:00:41 PM »
Oh no

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #26 on: Aug 15, 2015, 11:29:30 AM »
Been a while since I've been on here.  So here is the update:

The sampler is hung in the home office.  It's dark in there now with no light on.
The 2015 BOM is gone.  I got tired of being ignored on the web site and just trashed the blocks.  I think they will end up in the scrappy quilt.
The Stained Glass Butterfly is in the closet and may never come out, grrrrh.
The Community Quilt for hatch quilting is sandwiched and awaiting quilting.  Done
The Patches and Pieces BOM for May is Oh Susannah I have the directions and the fabric for this one.  Done, Done over, and Done again, whew.
The Left Panel of the Mt Fuji Bay Window Set is being appliqued.  It's on hold.  A UFO in the making.
The jinxed Attack Cat Quilt that I was given was finished until I looked at the back and it has holes in it.  Now I'm looking for some fabric that has some mice on it that I can applique to the back to cover the holes. 
I hand bound the back binding on a small john deere lap quilt for the community group.  The back was flannel and I was a little bit afraid that the flannel wouldn't hold my stitches but it did.
I am doing a straight stitch in the ditch on a tumbled block lap quilt for the community group this month.  I am thinking about doing the good luck spider web in one corner with the free motion foot but I may chicken out.
I have designed the victorian crazy quilt that I want to work on next for myself and I have lined up a teacher for the ribbon embroidery that will be required.  I'm excited and scared at the same time.  Hopefully I'll be able to do the picture thing for that one.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #27 on: Aug 15, 2015, 11:34:10 AM »
Oh the club BOM this period is the star flower.  It is a pretty block.  And I got a book recently on blocks and borders that I think will help me coordinate fabrics to get the best look out of blocks.  At least I hope it will.  I'm doing it in a black and white motif.  Cross your fingers for me.

Also my mentor and I are working on an Oh Susannah flimsie.  We weren't able to find fabrics for the sashing and inner borders so I shopped my stash and then went shopping I think I have some possibilities now. 

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
« Reply #28 on: Aug 15, 2015, 09:57:11 PM »
tammy, you are really taking to the quilting. it sounds like you have accomplished much and are doing well with it.  congrats!
My friends here are some of the kindest on earth :kissies:

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #29 on: Aug 17, 2015, 10:29:43 AM »
Yes after 40 years it's starting to work right.  Not that I have a stubborn streak or anything. 
Today I got the binding on the 3rd community quilt.  Now I just have the hand work and label to finish.
I got the pieces put together for the star flower block.  Just the first of 12 if I do what I want to do.  Maybe just 8 blocks I can't decide.  It will depend on how the fabric holds out. 

if you want to see pictures they are on the patchesandpieces.org website.  The community quilts aren't put under anyone's name but if your interested I'll figure out where they are in the gallery and let you know. 

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
« Reply #30 on: Aug 17, 2015, 08:39:50 PM »
i am interested tammy. if you can find them and put a link, that would be cool.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #31 on: Aug 18, 2015, 11:47:49 AM »
Prime Color Diagonal photo 2015-06-13003_zps1mk7cuzq.jpg

This is a child's quilt done for one of our charities.

Red and Blue 4 patches photo 2015-07-17003_zpssdscre8l.jpg

This is a lap quilt done for a charity.

John Deere Lap Quilt photo 2015-08-07005_zpsl5pbhszx.jpg

And this is a John Deere fabric lap quilt again done for a charity.  I only did the hand binding on this one.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #32 on: Aug 18, 2015, 11:48:55 AM »
 photo 2015-08-07010_zpsdeav8lba.jpg

This is the sampler that I did in class.  Clyde got a much better picture of it than I could.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #33 on: Aug 18, 2015, 11:51:30 AM »
I don't have a picture of the others yet.  And I won't get a picture of the star flower for a long time because I only finished the first block and it isn't perfect.  I'll have to talk to my mentor about what to do about that.

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #34 on: Aug 18, 2015, 02:14:16 PM »
Looking really good, Tammy.
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

Offline bestofour

• Elite Member
  • Wild Child
« Reply #35 on: Aug 18, 2015, 10:15:50 PM »
They look good.  You guys have been busy.

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
« Reply #36 on: Aug 18, 2015, 10:33:35 PM »
those are beautiful and you look like you are having a good time!

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #37 on: Aug 19, 2015, 10:32:42 AM »
They are a really nice group of ladies.  And yes I am enjoying myself.  Having the rotary cutter helps a great deal and also having a mentor I can ask questions who has a fantastic way of explaining things is a real boon.

I think I'll finish up the binding on the community quilt either tonight or tomorrow.  Then it is on to the crazy quilt and the star flower community quilt.

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #38 on: Aug 19, 2015, 12:35:24 PM »
Good going, Tammy.
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
« Reply #39 on: Aug 19, 2015, 03:28:53 PM »
Beautiful work, Tammy! :grinnnn:
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #40 on: Aug 20, 2015, 10:32:25 AM »
Thanks all.  I'm off tomorrow to buy more material.  That's addictive.  I need a mustard, a grey to complete two quilts and I have a 40 and 50 percent coupon.  Can't wait to use them.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #41 on: Aug 22, 2015, 11:18:23 AM »
had company yesterday so I'm going for the fabric today.  Wish me luck.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #42 on: Aug 24, 2015, 10:51:09 AM »
one day i can post pictures the next I can't.  I don't understand it.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #43 on: Aug 31, 2015, 12:33:07 PM »
Well you can see the quilts over at patchesandpieces.org if you want to in the gallery.  Of course you can't tell who did what.  But I'll try to get the position of the most recent one.  If I can remember what it looked like, lol.

The black and white star flower is coming along nicely.  I'm on block 5 of 12 I think but now I'm not sure and I don't have my notes.  The points are coming together much better.  I just have to pay close attention to detail.  And use a bunch of pins. 

The childrens Oh Susannah quilt top is giving me some problems but I hope to fix that here very soon. 

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #44 on: Sep 01, 2015, 12:18:22 PM »
The Oh Susannah quilt top is done.  And I even managed to cut and sew the binding.  So now all that is left is to sandwich it and sew on the binding and sew on the label.  That shouldn't take much more than a week.

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
« Reply #45 on: Sep 01, 2015, 09:57:03 PM »
that sounds pretty.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #46 on: Sep 11, 2015, 03:55:15 PM »
Why do i always lose the long posts?

The next quilt that I helped on is on the patchesandpieces.org gallery 8/21 meeting first row 4th quilt.  It is called a tumbling block pattern I believe.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #47 on: Sep 11, 2015, 03:56:28 PM »
Oh by the way the Oh Susannah quilt was all puckers so I have to rip it out and do it again.  My spray adhesive decided not to adhere.

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
« Reply #48 on: Sep 11, 2015, 09:20:07 PM »
Oh by the way the Oh Susannah quilt was all puckers so I have to rip it out and do it again.  My spray adhesive decided not to adhere.
i hate that for you.  i hope it goes better next time.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #49 on: Sep 12, 2015, 10:21:31 AM »
This is going to be another jinx quilt.  I frogged it.  Then redid the stitch in the ditch, it's better but not perfect.  I'm continuing on with it none the less.  I want to finish it this week so it can go in with the rest on friday.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal