Beyond The Spirits > Hobbies

Victorian Crazy Quilt

(1/10) > >>

duh:
This is my one planned heirloom quilt.  I have spent ooodles of money on fancy fabrics.  I have embroidered one 14 inch peacock with a couched, rhinestone studded, eyelash yarn tail like the one on the internet.  It's nice.  Now I am working on the owl block  it is 8 inches.  This one I am giving myself 3 years to finish.  I hope to be done before the next quilt show in the spring of 2019.  That is if I live that long. 

I will try to get pictures of these blocks even if they are on the photo book website.  I haven't taken a picture in a while. 

duh:
I did get the rest of the head of the owl done last night.  It's a fight every step of the way because I choose a painted picture of the owl as the inspiration and I just don't agree with it.  So choosing every strand of floss is a battle.  How could something so simple be so hard right?

And I expect the next embroidered block to be even worse.  And I only gave myself three years to do this one. 

Tina:
Don't struggle with it, Tammy. Try approaching it with peace and happiness.

duh:
You have never seen me craft have you.  Peace and Happiness really don't come into it until I am done in most cases.  If it happens then.  I'm kind of a struggle and tussle type.

The head of the owl is done, yea!

Tina:
I put things away that I have to struggle with until I'm in a better frame of mind. if I have to fight it every step, I'm not going to enjoy it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version