Author Topic: Retired Christmas Ornaments  (Read 2598 times)

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
Retired Christmas Ornaments
« on: Nov 30, 2015, 05:54:38 AM »
I've decided to retire some of my christmas ornaments.  They are to old to get rid of so instead I'm going to gift them to the auction goes of the next generation.  And they love providence.  So as best I can I'll note where I got them and how I used them.  Would you like to add yours to the list?

1950's 1960's Plastic Santa, sleigh, and 8 tiny reindeer in harness.  One of the prongs attaching the sleigh to the reindeer has broken off.  I got this at the Russell Auction in 2010 or 2011.  It was on my christmas tree until 2014. 

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
Re: Retired Christmas Ornaments
« Reply #1 on: Dec 01, 2015, 07:53:59 AM »
Your going to love this one.  It's a pink elephant.  It is cloth, stuffed and has button "wheels" on the feet.    The tail is a bit of twine.  I think it may have been home made but if so it was done wonderfully well.  It is so faded that I'm putting it away so that it stays pink.  It too was gotten at an auction between 2010 and 2011 and used on the tree until 2014.

The decoupaged girls in trench coats and hard hats gathering stuffed toys is definitely home made.  It's very cute but the underlying picture is starting to turn up at the edges so I'm putting it away.  It too was gotten at the auction between 2010 and 2011 and used on the tree until 2014.

A styrofoam gingerbread boy in lederhosen is old.  It is very fragile and i'm afraid it will get damaged so I'm putting this away.  I'm thinking it maybe depression era.  It too was gotten at the auction between 2010 and 2011 and used on the tree until 2014.

A plastic faux picture of a victorian little girl in an ornate oval frame.  The gold trim is wearing off of the frame and the picture is dirty so I'm putting it away.  It was made in Hong Kong but I have no idea when.  It too was gotten at the auction between 2010 and 2011 and used on the tree until 2014.

This one is hilarious.  It's a santa made of a styrofoam ball that has been spray felted with a felt beard a santa hat out of the same material and the head is a round ball with painted eyes, mustache and lips.  I laugh everytime I see it. 

Next is a clock It has a round face roman numerals and looks like an old alarm clock.  It is done with red foil and braided straw.  It is fragile and the straw has started to fray so I'm putting it away. 
It too was gotten at the auction between 2010 and 2011 and used on the tree until 2014.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #2 on: Dec 01, 2015, 07:54:48 AM »
I'm thinking I should do pictures with my providence.

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
« Reply #3 on: Dec 01, 2015, 10:45:48 PM »
that might be a good idea.  they sound really nice!
My friends here are some of the kindest on earth :kissies:

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #4 on: Dec 02, 2015, 04:42:12 PM »
It is but I'll start that next year. 

This year I've already got them in a box.  Today I added another rotund santa with a plastic face and a little handmade plaid heart on a burlap backing framed to the box.  Those will be the only things retired this year. 

And they are all listed on the stand alone.  Now I just have to note that on my directions to my executor and I'm all set. 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal