Author Topic: PotLuck Winners  (Read 2685 times)

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
PotLuck Winners
« on: Dec 02, 2015, 05:04:01 PM »
I have 4 pot luck meals to go to this year.  So I thought what a good idea to put all our tried and true recipes here. 

Since I moved here to central virginia all of my tried and true recipes have failed to be well received.  That being the case, I'm looking for recipes that really hit the spot and don't use to many allergy causing ingredients.

So pork is out for religious reasons, nuts are out, red meats are out,  and gluten should be avoided. 

So far I've come up with an acorn squash dish that is ok.  But serving the right size is a problem. 

The recipe calls for cutting the squash in half lengthwise.  Stuffing it with cranberry sauce and topping with orange marmalade.  Then adding a pat of butter on top and baking until soft.  The problem so far is that the orange marmalade over powered everything else.  And the serving size is way to large.

Here is what I am thinking.  Bake the squash before stuffing in a couple of tablespoons of frozen orange juice concentrate.  Cut into 8ths and then each 8 in half.  Poke holes in the squash spread with butter and then spoon a tablespoon of the cranberry sauce over the slice.  What do you think?

And what do you serve when you have to go to a pot luck?

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
Re: PotLuck Winners
« Reply #1 on: Dec 03, 2015, 08:45:16 PM »
for pot lucks that require a "real" dish, i tend to go for either squash, broccoli, or green bean casserole.  the easy kind with cream of whatever soup, and either crushed crackers or the fried french onion on top.
My friends here are some of the kindest on earth :kissies:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal