Author Topic: It is Nancy's fault - dolls & teddy bears  (Read 3294 times)

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
It is Nancy's fault - dolls & teddy bears
« on: Jan 10, 2016, 02:41:37 PM »
 :smack:

I have started a teddy bear and doll collection.  These have never been my thing really.  But my thrift store has a great selection of dolls and I plan to buy one a week until I have the ones I want.  As far as the teddy bears go that's completely nancy's fault.  She got me started. 

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
Re: It is Nancy's fault - dolls & teddy bears
« Reply #1 on: Jan 10, 2016, 03:26:18 PM »
I am very happy that I don't have a penchant for collecting.
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
« Reply #2 on: Jan 10, 2016, 09:18:10 PM »
I am very happy that I don't have a penchant for collecting.
and i am very happy that i have lost mine.
My friends here are some of the kindest on earth :kissies:

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #3 on: Jan 11, 2016, 08:17:16 AM »
go ahead rub it in, lol.  Maybe I'll do pictures.  i asked a friend to build me a case but his bid came in to hi when he charged me an extra 125 dollars for the last project.  So i'll have to decide how to do a protective cover my self.  I have a bunch of mylar and I'm thinking just a 5 sided box will do. 

And I will move my tins to the top of the china cabinet and the dolls to the top of the kitchen cabinets where there is more room.  Hum a plan is coming together.  I better strike while the iron is hot...see you.

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #4 on: Jan 11, 2016, 09:51:55 AM »
I am not rubbing it in. I am truly grateful that I didn't get my mother's collecting gene. I do collect things, but of a more practical bent. The least of which is cookbooks. But cooking supplies is a big one too. And the food to go with them all. And those are mostly stashed away and covered except the everyday use stuff. The food I donate before their experation dates and restock. It's a fun thing to do.
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
« Reply #5 on: Jan 11, 2016, 09:11:29 PM »
and i am also not rubbing it in.  i still (sometimes) collect shot glasses, i have over 350, but they are small and don't take much space.... and like tina, cook books, working at the library has not been good for me on that one, and i used to collect elephants, and other things.  these days, i am content with the elephants i have, and won't collect any more.  i'll keep the ones i have, as most of them have some kind of story behind them.  but i really am working on not collecting any more.  i just don't have time/energy/space for it, or the will to keep it dusted/clean.  pots & pans, and other cooking/preserving utensils are another thing, but i consider them practical, so not a true "collectible" (can you hear me rationalizing that?)
My friends here are some of the kindest on earth :kissies:

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #6 on: Jan 13, 2016, 08:37:29 AM »
I so get the cookware thing,  I have a meat slicer, blender, food processor, and other things that i have never used. 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal