Author Topic: book binding  (Read 2778 times)

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
book binding
« on: Feb 16, 2016, 04:05:11 PM »
My, "The Cat Who Knew Shakespeare," is broken so I've decided to try and put it into a hard back cover.  I've had to glue the text block together twice.  Hopefully this time will work.

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
Re: book binding
« Reply #1 on: Feb 17, 2016, 08:29:10 PM »
good luck.  if it is a standard sized paperback, they used to make "paper back holders" that were essentially slipcovers for paperbacks, but were like a hard back book. i know that sounds weird, and if i could find mine, i'd take a photograph for you. but it had a slide for the spine, and the covers were hard like a hard cover book, but there were "pockets" for the front and back covers of the paper back.
My friends here are some of the kindest on earth :kissies:

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #2 on: Feb 19, 2016, 08:56:13 AM »
Sounds interesting.  I knocked my book  behind the dresser, that is going to be fun to get out of there.

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
« Reply #3 on: Feb 20, 2016, 09:42:39 PM »
do you have a "grabber"?  i have 2.  one i got at dollar tree and one i got at walmart. figures the $1 works better than the $10 one.
My friends here are some of the kindest on earth :kissies:

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #4 on: Feb 21, 2016, 06:27:43 PM »
I don't have a grabber but I've always thought they looked interesting.  I was lucky that it had fallen to one side and I was able to get it out.  I still haven't gotten the text block edges even.  It's irritating.  I'm thinking I need to just find a hard back copy. 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal