Gardening > In The Kitchen

join the new challenge

(1/11) > >>

duh:
On sparkpeople.com there is a challenge that I have joined and I thought I would share it here.

It is to try one new food (recipe) each week.  This week i plan to do two new foods.  i'm going to try my very first mango.  Then i have the ingredients for Crystallized Ginger Pears. 

If you would like to join me in this endeavor all it takes is a new recipe and a willingness to try something new. 

duh:
I was mistaken in the name.  It is Baked Ginger Pears

2 cups water
1 cup splenda
1 inch of vanilla bean
1 lemon cut in half
6 pears
2 tbsp ground up crystallized ginger

cook water, splenda, vanilla bean, and juice of half a lemon; stir until splenda dissolves, then allow syrup to boil for 2 to 3 minutes.  Peel each pear and cut them in half vertically.  Remove the core and rub exposed surfaces of pears with other half of lemon.  Place halves of pears, syrup, and ginger in a covered baking dish.  Syrup should cover pears; add water if necessary.  Bake at 350F for 20 to 30 minutes until the pears are tender.  Serve warm with cold ice cream or whipped cream.  Yields six servings.

duh:
I loved the baked ginger pears and hated the mango.  won't do that again.

Tina:
Funny!  I like mangoes alright but I can't bear pears. There is just something in their texture, raw or cooked, that I just don't like. And that extends to the flavor too.

duh:
That is interesting, but it is our differences that make the world go round.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version