Author Topic: charity quilts  (Read 18390 times)

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
Re: charity quilts
« Reply #75 on: Oct 12, 2016, 07:33:02 AM »
I got started on this one again.  I immediately had sewing machine problems but I kept at it until I got two more rows done.  Only about 6 rows to go on the stitch in the ditch.

#12 Charity Quilt is the country french provincial.  I'm planning so continuous line quilting of the animal silhouettes for the border and some filler quilting for the sashing and around the animal motifs.

#13 Charity Quilt is the yo-yo queen size repair.  I'd like to line it.  I'll have to see what we have fabric wise in the sweet treats.

#14 Charity Quilt is the gypsy wife's quilt.  And that should take me through the end of the year.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #76 on: Oct 12, 2016, 08:36:53 AM »
#13 Charity quilt:  Yo-yo.  It is out of the car and on the cutting table so I could spread it out.  I have all of the fabric out of the tote for the repairs and sorted by color.  I had to make another little table out of my rolling cart so that I had somewhere for the fabric.  I'm thinking I want to iron it all so it is ready to use when I need it. 

#14 Charity quilt: Gypsy Wife.  This one is out of the car and on the dinning room table.  I don't plan to do anything with this until the cutting table is clear of other projects.  But it is ready when I am.

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #77 on: Oct 12, 2016, 07:25:16 PM »
There is a lot of work to do there. Good luck!
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #78 on: Oct 13, 2016, 06:00:38 AM »
Charity quilt #11: Diamonds in a square - I have one side done and only two rows on the other side to do.  I should get done with it tomorrow or there abouts.

#13 Charity quilt:  Yo-yo repair.  I made a template for the yo-yo's it is to small.  I made it 2 1/2 inches and it should be 3.  i'll have to redo that.  I figured it out after I cut out 9 of them of course.  I made one yo-yo while at a meeting and ironed it when I got home.  I'm still wanting to make a lining for it.  I just can't see giving someone in need of charity a holey quilt.  Things should be practical as well as pretty.  Of course that means more work. 

#14 Charity quilt:  Gypsy Wife.  I think I have some more orphan blocks in the scrap bag.  I know I still have the pieces of the peace and plenty blocks that I will use for this top.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #79 on: Oct 13, 2016, 10:44:24 AM »
#13 charity quilt:  Yo-yo repair.  Got the 3 inch template made.  Now i just need to make some yo-yo's.  Maybe today at the meeting which I need to get dressed for.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #80 on: Oct 13, 2016, 04:08:16 PM »
I got 3 yo-yo's made.  Now to get one of them on the quilt.

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #81 on: Oct 13, 2016, 09:41:20 PM »
Good going, Tammy.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #82 on: Oct 14, 2016, 07:26:41 AM »
#11 Charity Quilt:  Square in a diamond.  The stitch in the ditch is done.  I'm going to machine bind the front and then let someone else take it for binding. 

#13 Charity Quilt:  The yo-yo is in process.  I knocked everything off the table this morning when I was working on the diamond in a square quilt.  So, the first thing I needed to do was pick up everything off of the floor.  Then I couldn't find the needles and had to go get more.  Then of course, I found them.  It was that kind of finicky stuff that dogged me.  I did get the yo-yo on to the first row but I still have one more side to sew.  As Carol said this is a tedious type of quilt.  I need to look up the history of the quilt for my documentation.  I enjoy that part of the research.

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #83 on: Oct 14, 2016, 08:08:08 AM »
I am glad there are parts you enjoy a lot, Tammy. That is very good.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #84 on: Oct 14, 2016, 02:57:44 PM »
#11 Charity Quilt: Diamond in the Square.  (I see I named it the other way around above.)  I got the edges cut and there is one corner that is way out of square but there isn't anything I can do about it.  We are talking about 1 1/2 inches.  The binding with this one is very thin so I didn't have room to fudge it any.

#13 Charity Quilt:  Yellow Yo-yo quilt.  Row one is repaired.  It required replacing 3 yo-yo's and re-sew several others.  I don't know how many rows there are all together but I'm working on it one row at a time so I don't miss anything.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #85 on: Oct 15, 2016, 07:52:26 AM »
#11 Charity Quilt:  Diamond in the Square.  The binding is around the quilt I just have to end it.  I'm going to watch the tutorial again because I don't remember all the details.  But it is coming along.

#12 Charity Quilt:  French Farm.  The batting and backing are ironed and spray basted together.  Tomorrow the top will be spray basted and then I can begin pinning.  I'm so slow.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #86 on: Oct 15, 2016, 03:01:58 PM »
#12 Charity Quilt; French Farm.  The top is ironed and spray basted.  But for some reason my foot is hurting so pinning it will have to wait until later.

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #87 on: Oct 15, 2016, 04:11:12 PM »
Take care, Tammy. We need our feet.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #88 on: Oct 16, 2016, 12:56:42 PM »
#11 Charity Quilt:  Diamond in a Square.  I've begun the hand binding today.  I pinned it and started sewing it at the morning meeting.  The ladies loved the design. 

#12 Charity Quilt:  French Farm.  I'm still pinning.  I made silhouettes of the pig and a chick for the blank squares and I think the outside will just be a flowering vine.  I have some nice ones in my inspiration books.  I was so tempted by a continuous line drawing of farm stuff it isn't funny but I'm not sure I could pull it off. 

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #89 on: Oct 16, 2016, 04:06:57 PM »
I really want to see these.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #90 on: Oct 17, 2016, 07:13:42 AM »
I will take pictures when I finish them. 

#11 Charity Quilt:  Diamond in a Square.  Watched the tutorial.  Finished the machine binding edge and it worked.  Pinned the other side and took it to a meeting.  i'm around the first corner but really have all four sides to go and the label.  Hopefully this one will be done by friday for the business meetings show and tell.

#12 Charity Quilt:  French Farm.  I started meandering around the central block which is a duck or maybe a goose, I can't really tell the difference.  It looks good but it wears out my arms quickly.  I was thinking one day per block but now i'm thinking 2 days per block.  But that's ok.

# 13 Charity Quilt:  Yellow Yo-Yo Quilt.  It is spread out again and the first thing I noticed was I missed two seams on row one.  I will have to practice attention to detail on this one.  And maybe writing things down when I see them so I don't forget.  Or maybe some way of tagging them so I can find them again.  Something.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #91 on: Oct 17, 2016, 02:52:58 PM »
#11 Charity Quilt:  Diamond in a Square.  Got around the second corner so one short side is complete.  Need to do more per day to get it done by friday morning.

#12 Charity Quilt:  French Farm.  I managed to complete the meandering quilting around the central block, yeah!

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #92 on: Oct 17, 2016, 11:52:29 PM »
#11 Charity Quilt:  Diamond in a Square.  I got around the 3rd corner.  It's funny because I started at a corner so I still have about 1/2 of the binding to hand sew.  But I have enough of a lead that I should make it comfortably as long as there are no unseen problems.  Knock on wood.

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #93 on: Oct 18, 2016, 12:40:03 AM »
Good luck, Tammy.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #94 on: Oct 18, 2016, 08:24:27 AM »
#12 Charity Quilt:  French Farm.  I did the meander around the top middle block.  That was around a basket of flowers.  There were a couple of loops where I backed myself into a corner but other than that it isn't bad.  Well the tension isn't perfect so you see some blue thread from the bobbin but i'm going to live with that.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #95 on: Oct 18, 2016, 03:21:08 PM »
#12 Charity Quilt:  French Farm.  I did the meander around the bottom middle block.  So maybe a quarter of the way done.  I'm happy with the progress on this one.

#11 Charity Quilt:  Diamond in the Square.  I'm on the home stretch on the binding.  I'm on the last long side.  Then all I have to do is sew on the label.  Loving the progress.

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #96 on: Oct 18, 2016, 03:54:44 PM »
I like it too!

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #97 on: Oct 19, 2016, 08:20:09 AM »
#11 Charity Quilt:  Diamond in the Square.  Finished the binding now it is on to the label.  I think i'll do it at the meeting today.  Then snap a picture and wash it and it is ready for friday.

#12 Charity Quilt:  French Farm.  Did the pig block this morning.  I might have enough bobbin thread to do a sheep block.  We'll see I hope I remember to watch it carefully so I don't do a lot of quilting without thread in the bobbin.  i hate it when that happens.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #98 on: Oct 19, 2016, 04:42:12 PM »
#11 Charity Quilt:  Diamond in the Square.  It is in the wash now.  I snapped a couple of pictures earlier.  I'm still trying to find the perfect place to take pictures of the quilts when I'm done.  I'm so sad that Clyde quit taking the pictures for the club. 

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #99 on: Oct 20, 2016, 07:13:52 AM »
#12 Charity Quilt:  French Farm.  I got one of the two sheep blocks done.  It went pretty quickly except for the thread getting stuck at one point.  I might try and do the other one today who knows.  We'll see how i feel. 

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal