Author Topic: Everything Quilted  (Read 15703 times)

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
Re: Everything Quilted
« Reply #25 on: Aug 22, 2016, 04:17:40 PM »
The pictures did not work, Tammy.
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
« Reply #26 on: Aug 22, 2016, 10:00:30 PM »
i wish your pictures had worked, i was looking forward to seeing them.
My friends here are some of the kindest on earth :kissies:

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #27 on: Aug 23, 2016, 07:07:55 AM »
I think it has something to do with them being google os rather than windows but i'm not sure.  i see them and I can upload them over on quilting board but not here.  I've got a call into Jim but i understand he is very busy.

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
« Reply #28 on: Aug 23, 2016, 08:43:03 AM »
Tammy, I tried to figure out what happened with your picture and why it wasn't showing up here so I went to the link posted. This is what comes up:

403. That’s an error.

Your client does not have permission to get URL /0ro0xZl4UjIMmPAaAhf3jW9YLouGReEHWItVSOi2-Zap6Zs-iiklWAeGnJgEgWbbU21RpDN1x2Akweo=w1366-h631 from this server. (Client IP address: 69.80.92.22)

Forbidden That’s all we know.

"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #29 on: Aug 23, 2016, 12:19:21 PM »
ok well I'll try something else.

Do you see it now?

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #30 on: Aug 23, 2016, 12:34:56 PM »
ok I'm trying the bargello again.

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #31 on: Aug 23, 2016, 03:05:34 PM »
Yes, I can see them now. Good job, Tammy!

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #32 on: Aug 23, 2016, 05:47:29 PM »
ok so I can bring them in from quilting board but not from the e-mail.  Learn something new every day I guess.

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
« Reply #33 on: Aug 23, 2016, 09:31:41 PM »
very nice.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #34 on: Aug 28, 2016, 04:11:59 PM »
I don't get it...the first year doing bindings was easy now they are a pain in the unmentionables.  I had to unpin the peek-a-boo quilt and redo the corners before I could get even a so so mitered binding.  I got out the book and everything.  Grrrh.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #35 on: Aug 29, 2016, 08:47:44 AM »
Today I caught up on the ironing.  Don't ask me how I forget it yesterday but I did.  But it is all caught up now. 

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #36 on: Aug 30, 2016, 08:10:26 AM »
Down to 2 pieces of fabric to iron so that's on schedule.  And I've started back on the bargello placemats.  I'm doing all three at once rather one at a time.  i don't like coming to the end of the process and then having to do it all over again for the next one.  So I got rows one and two together and ironed and I've started rows 3 and 4.  There are 22 rows in all.  After the first run through then the couples go together then the groups until you just have two pieces to sew together.  It takes time but it is easier to do it that way because some have to be sewn from top to bottom and some have to be sewn from bottom to top or they curve the entire flimsy.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #37 on: Aug 30, 2016, 04:28:57 PM »
All the donated fabric is ironed and folded.  Now i just need to find a place to put it all.  and I'm on columns 7 and 8 on the bargellos.  I think I got one pathway hexagon added to the top yesterday and nothing done so far today.  Ah, well I can't win them all.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #38 on: Aug 31, 2016, 08:05:46 AM »
I thought I brought a picture of the fabrics over here but maybe I didn't.

On the bargellos, I got to column 11, about the halfway point on the first set of seams today.  Now I'm putting them away until after the blooming nine patch top is finished.  That is going to take up all the space for the foreseeable future.

I've got my fingers crossed that i don't mess everything up with it all coming on top of each other like they are.
« Last Edit: Aug 31, 2016, 08:09:17 AM by duh »

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #39 on: Aug 31, 2016, 01:06:49 PM »
The fabrics came through. An exciting mix. Have fun with them all.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #40 on: Aug 31, 2016, 04:39:57 PM »
yeppers.

Today I tried machine applique.  I forgot about the mirror image thing when working on the back.  And the 8 inch letters are to small for what I want to do.  So it's really good that I tried a sample first.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #41 on: Sep 08, 2016, 08:36:35 AM »
Today to take a break from the blooming nine patch I cut and pieced two blocks called, "Peace and Plenty,"  I did them in pink fabrics that I don't think I would use for any other project.  These blocks are what is being requested for the Queen Bee Charity quilts that we are making in September and October.  After i install the software I'll try for pictures.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #42 on: Sep 08, 2016, 01:34:20 PM »
I have ripping in my future.  None of the blocks came together right.  I'm glad I wasn't working on the blooming nine patch when this happened.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #43 on: Sep 09, 2016, 08:08:47 AM »
Some days are diamonds and some are stones.  I think I'm in a riverbed full of the stones. 

i wanted to do some community blocks for the club.  I got the pattern which I didn't really like cut out the pieces and then started having problems.  Couldn't sew the rows on right and spent a lot of time frogging.  Then when I put the rows together things just did not want to match up the way they should.  I'm embarrassed by the blocks.  And two blocks took 6 hours.  I couldn't believe it when I figured that out. 

Going back to the blooming nine patch will be a breeze. 

I have to pack up the machine and all the tools for class tomorrow.  I'm learning to do a valance for the curtains.  We never had valances when I was growing up.  I'll have to see what I think of them.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #44 on: Sep 09, 2016, 09:38:30 AM »

photos of the two blocks with the new camera and tripod.

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #45 on: Sep 09, 2016, 01:39:43 PM »
The blocks don't look so bad to me. The photography, however, is great. Maybe a closer shot of the problem areas would help?

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #46 on: Sep 09, 2016, 04:26:47 PM »
I'll have to figure out how to make the pictures bigger I guess.

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
« Reply #47 on: Sep 09, 2016, 08:30:55 PM »
I agree with tina on the fabric stash, and the pictures.  I am going to google "peace and plenty" to see what the blocks look like in bigger pictures.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #48 on: Sep 12, 2016, 07:11:43 AM »
I have come to a belief that a quilt club and the military have something in common...I am constantly having to figure out what goes in the advance shipment.  And here I thought that when I moved here I'd never have to pack again...wrong O!

Other than that I'm fine.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #49 on: Sep 12, 2016, 07:31:58 AM »
...did I say I was fine?  (above)

The quilt club projects this year include making something that will show all your sewing machine stitches.  I think I wrote about this somewhere but I'm not sure where.  I want to do this because I want the finished product but it's proving more difficult than I would have thought. 

First off I want to make it in the form of a book.  If I have a center fold and have a sandwiched leaf so it is basically two pieces of fabric wrong sides together with some stabilizer in between it gets real fun.   I messed up the page numbers twice and I'm not sure I've got them right even though I made a little sample book out of pieces of paper to mimic what I want.  I'm using 13 pieces of fabric that will fold in half.  I have to sew the stitches on the fabric before putting it together which makes it much harder because I don't know if I messed up until I start to put it together.

Why can't I ever choose anything easy to do?

I put this in the quilting topic because using the thick stabilizer I do have a sandwich even if it is very thin as far as battings go.  And of course I'm either going to have to do a bunch of blind stitching or get a handle on my top stitching.  So far I'm not very good at that.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal