Author Topic: Knitting  (Read 10554 times)

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
Re: Knitting
« Reply #25 on: Jan 04, 2017, 06:25:30 AM »
I tried a two color pattern from my knit book but i got to confused so I pulled it out.  I'll give it a try when I'm calmer.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #26 on: Jan 13, 2017, 06:54:17 AM »
Frogged the Moss Stitch Jacket and the Sassy Socks.  Neither project was working out well.  now i'm crocheting a scarf for my favorite waitress.  I hope I have enough yarn.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #27 on: Jan 20, 2017, 05:02:21 PM »
I was a tiny bit short on the yarn but I just stopped to rows short and it worked out.  She said she liked it.  i've restarted the Moss Stitch Jacket with two strands of yarn as suggested and a slightly larger needle.  I hit the gauge on the nose which made me happy.

We will see how it goes from here.  I've lost my new counter already.

Offline bestofour

• Elite Member
  • Wild Child
« Reply #28 on: Jan 30, 2017, 10:54:24 PM »
I'm back to the knitting.  I'm doing the two needle socks.  I love this pattern.  I've just turned the heel and I'm headed for the toe on the first one. 

Good for you.  I tried knitting socks and did fine as long as I was with other knitters but when I was alone I couldn't figure out what to do.  I finally gave it up.  Never did finish my socks.  I think I was using 5 needles though.  Maybe 4 needles.  I've blocked it.  :)

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #29 on: Feb 07, 2021, 05:08:13 PM »
I can't use the dpns.  I may try again another day if I don't run out of days first.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal