Author Topic: No bake pie recipies  (Read 2791 times)

Offline barleychown

• Elite Member
  • live and let live Mischievous Minx
    • My blog
No bake pie recipies
« on: Jul 12, 2007, 05:30:44 PM »
So, with the recent heat I've had to stop baking desserts, and have instead gone in search of no bake pies...

I'll post the recipies that my family likes, and if you all will do the same it would be great! :ThumbUp:

First an old family favorite:

Cherry cream cheese pie

1 Graham craker crust
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 package cream cheese
1/3 cup lemon juice

1 can cherry pie filling (or topping of your choice)

Start with room temp. cream cheese, blend with sweetened condensed milk until well blended, then add lemon juice, blend together.

Pour mix into crust, refridgerate at least 4 hours, top with cherries and serve.

You can use other toppings such as blueberries, blackberries, ect.
Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
Re: No bake pie recipies
« Reply #1 on: Jul 13, 2007, 03:12:31 PM »
That sounds yummy, Sarah! :licklips: And simple enough that even I couldn't mess it up! :laughmao: Thanks for posting this.

Sorry, but I don't have a no bake pie recipe unless you would consider putting instant pie filling in a store-bought crust a recipe... :Blush:
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline patches

Re: No bake pie recipies
« Reply #2 on: Jul 28, 2007, 04:50:51 PM »
Sarah, this is definitely one of my dessert favorites.  Of course, I love chocolate and I love cheesecake.   :Yahoo:

Chocolate Cheesecake Pie

Crust:  2 chocolate cookie crusts  (Oreo makes a great one)

Filling:
2 - 8 oz. packages cream cheese
1 can Eagle Brand

Beat about 5 minutes until it’s thoroughly mixed

Add 
1 cup Hershey’s Syrup and mix thoroughly

Fold in 1 – 8 oz. container of Cool-Whip (thawed)

I shave some dark chocolate curls on top, but you can drizzle Magic Shell in a fancy design.

Freeze and enjoy. 
Serve frozen

Sarah, if you want a lighter and fluffier pie – use 12 oz. Cool-Whip instead of 8 oz., but I prefer this variation in the summer.  This also keeps well in the freezer if you don't need two pies at once.
« Last Edit: Jul 28, 2007, 04:54:43 PM by patches »
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal