Author Topic: Secret Ingredient Biscuits (Saving this for later)  (Read 4772 times)

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
Secret Ingredient Biscuits (Saving this for later)
« on: Nov 26, 2017, 08:21:34 PM »

•   2 cups (10 ounces) all-purpose flour
•   1 tablespoon sugar
•   2 teaspoons baking powder
•   ½ teaspoon baking soda
•   Ύ teaspoon salt
•   1 cup whole milk
•   Ύ cup mayonnaise
1.   Adjust oven rack to middle position and heat oven to 450 degrees. Line rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. Combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in large bowl. Whisk milk and mayonnaise together in separate bowl. Stir milk mixture into flour mixture until just combined.
2.   Using greased 1/4-cup measure, drop 12 level scoops of dough onto prepared sheet, spacing them 1 1/2 inches apart. Use small spoon, if necessary, to dislodge dough from measure. (This dough is sticky, and you may have to regrease your measure several times during portioning.) Bake until biscuit tops are golden brown, 12 to 14 minutes, rotating sheet halfway through baking. Transfer biscuits to wire rack and let cool for 5 minutes. Serve.

These biscuits are best with whole milk, but the recipe will work with reduced-fat milk. Don’t use nonfat. Reduced-fat mayonnaise can be
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

Offline sunsoaker

• Elite Member
  • Sunny Sylph
Re: Secret Ingredient Biscuits (Saving this for later)
« Reply #1 on: Nov 26, 2017, 09:59:51 PM »
Sounds yummy (now that I'm back on low carb lol)
Dear Lord, On this day, please wrap your arm around my shoulder and keep your hand over my mouth.  Amen

Offline bayou girl

• Elite Member
  • Shadow Spirit
    • My Blog
« Reply #2 on: Nov 26, 2017, 10:02:47 PM »
I had a friend who did not put milk in her biscuits at all. she use mayo and butter.  she could whip up a batch in minutes.
My friends here are some of the kindest on earth :kissies:

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #3 on: Nov 26, 2017, 11:23:10 PM »
I have a similar recipe made with cream that I love. But I have to buy cream and I forget.
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal