Author Topic: Lasagna Recipe Please  (Read 4599 times)

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
Lasagna Recipe Please
« on: Jul 02, 2007, 11:58:03 AM »
I'm having a friend and her kids over for dinner one night this month and the kids have requested lasagna.  Which is great because I love it and never make it.  Now the question is Does anyone have a really great recipe for Lasagna?

Offline Patty S

Re: Lasagna Recipe Please
« Reply #1 on: Jul 02, 2007, 01:02:23 PM »
Since I do my level best to stay out of the kitchen, & also don't care for cheese, I don't have a lasagna recipe for you, but I have an idea that might save you some work & probably wont cost any more than making it from scratch...

When my people start yapping about wanting lasagna, I go to the store, in the frozen section, & buy a pan of it already made. I can't remember how many ounces the big pan is, but it only costs about $8.00 & will feed LOTS of people.  They tell me it's good stuff. 

My daughter makes lasagna quite often, & while she's at it, she makes up some in small individual loaf pans & brings them over to my freezer... then I use them for Keith's dinner when I want to take a day off! (I don't think she follows a "real" recipe... she cooks like our Grangma did, with "a handful of this & a pinch of that".)  Sometimes it doesn't turn out as well as she wants it to, & she gets mad at herself for wasting all the money on ingredients.  I say go to the store & buy one that you know will be good!

:tuschel: If you want to fake it, you can transfer it to your own pan & let people assume you slaved away, putting it together yourself!
« Last Edit: Jul 02, 2007, 01:04:26 PM by Patty S »

MassMama

« Reply #2 on: Jul 02, 2007, 01:54:18 PM »
MMMMM Lasagna!! I have a great recipe!

Of course the noodles haha
1 small container of Ricotta cheese
1/4 cup of Parmasian cheese
2 cups Mozerella cheese Save a bit for the top..
2 eggs
1 lb of ground beef
easy method 2 jar of barilla baking sauce ( I like to use one baking sauce and one roasted garlic)
or make your own favorite pasta sauce
I like to add
half cup chopped onions
half cup chopped bell peppers
Mix the cheeses together with the eggs.. set aside.
Cook beef drain and add onions and peppers add (I only add one jar and about a half of the second ) pasta sauce.. let all cook down till it is nice and thick.. While doing this boil the noodles and if desired you could fry up some tomatoes to go in one of the layers..
get a 9x13 pan .. spread a bit of the sauce on the bottom so the noodles don't stick and start layering noodles cheese and meat sauce.. cook at 350 covered for 45 minutes remove cover and cook 15 more minutes .. let sit for 10 minutes slice and serve!~!
P.S. I like to use alot more cheese...Im a cheeseaholic but I also put some Fast Fried red tomatoes in the layers... Just in case ya wanna try something different!!  ;)

Good luck and if you need any more help don't be affraid to ask!!  :ThumbUp:
« Last Edit: Mar 24, 2008, 08:09:31 AM by Dianna »

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #3 on: Jul 02, 2007, 02:44:40 PM »
That looks like a great recipe.  I will definitely use it.  I'm sure the kids will love it. 

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
« Reply #4 on: Jul 02, 2007, 03:16:46 PM »
That does sound good, Rita!  :licklips: I have made lasagna in the past, but don't follow a formal recipe. I, ususally just put what I want in it. With just Jim and I here now, we buy the Stouffer's frozen lasagna. It is pretty good for just a couple of people...

I have a question, Rita. How do you fry the tomatoes to put in your lasagna? Do you bread them or do you just fry them without? That sounds like a very good recipe!  :542: I may have to try it myself!
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

MassMama

« Reply #5 on: Jul 02, 2007, 04:24:04 PM »
I turn the stove up to like 8 pour som oil in the pan and wait till it smokes and through some 1/4 inch slices (un breaded) with salt and pepper on em... wait till they are carmelized and flip...
I use really hard red tomatoes..

For the smaller version I use a bread pan it is enough for 3... I just use less of everything... :ThumbUp:

MassMama

« Reply #6 on: Jul 02, 2007, 04:24:52 PM »
 :clap: Hope you enjoy Duh!!!  :ThumbUp:

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal