Beyond The Spirits > In The News

Hurricane Florence

<< < (5/6) > >>

Jim:
I was watching the Weather Channel most of the day with all the flooding going on in NC.  That brings back memories of our big flood a couple of years ago.  Justin and Mandy are still getting the rain too and Dianna is seeing all the pics on FB of the flooded roads in Montgomery County.  Looking at the map this morning, it appears that Florence has finally moved far enough away that the rain coming in off the Atlantic has stopped cycling in for the most part.  Hope things are starting, what could be a long process, to get back to normal in NC.

Our neighbors that spend the summer in NYC will be trying to get back here today.  We told them last night that there were several spots on I95 that were closed due to water and in some cases there are not safe detours around.  Not sure what their plans are but they were leaving early this morning.  They had intended on coming back to SC on the 13th but decided to wait out the hurricane.

bestofour:
The rain stopped yesterday afternoon and while it's still overcast and windy our yard has dried up some.  We're fortunate that we don't have a water standing problem on our land.  As far as I can tell, we don't have any trees or big limbs down, which is a miracle.  With all the stuff we have in our yard (I moved and turned over some but not all) it looks like only one flower pot was blown onto it's side.  It was too heavy for me to move so the wind did it for me.  I heard on the news that officials are asking people to not even try to get to Union County for a day or two. 

Johnny travels this road every day.  This poor woman went around barricades and there was too much water.

"Late Sunday night, rescuers were searching for a 1-year-old child who had been swept away, WSOC reported, after a car was trapped by floodwaters from Richardson Creek on Pleasant Hill Church Road in Union County. Rescuers said the child's mother was also swept from the car, a WCCB reporter tweeted. She was rescued and taken to the hospital"

bayou girl:
🤐

sunsoaker:
If that's the same story I'm thinking of, they found the child, deceased. So sad.

bestofour:
Yes the baby's body has been found.  Many roads are still flooded and will be until the creeks and lakes recede.  Shelley's gang is out of school again tomorrow.  Our yard won't take long to clean up.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version