Beyond The Spirits > In The News

Hurricane Michael

<< < (2/6) > >>

Dianna:
How far inland will you be when it arrives, Barb? :pray:

Jennifer, how is your ground saturation point where you are? Have you had any flooding lately? Worrying about the flash flooding that we are being warned about and I know it will get to you before it gets to us. :pray:

Sheri, hope you don't get too much more rain with flooding. I know your area got hit pretty hard with Florence. :pray:

sunsoaker:
Good morning all. Dianna, I'm only about 15 Miles inland. Not far but much better than the 1/2 mile from the water where I was. Also not a mobile home. Right now we have much rain and some steady wind, not strong - yet. The storm is 145 mph now - Cat 4. It's going to get really bad this afternoon and I fully expect to lose power and internet. Maybe for days. I will poke in when I can. Everyone else in Michael's path, please stay safe.

Jim:
Rained on me all the way to work this morning.  Lots of times I had to slow down to about 45 in order to see and the wipers were on high.  Most mornings I get passed but no one was running fast this morning.  Lots of water on the road slowed everyone down.  I'm glad I have new tires!

Michael has gained strength like the predictions because of the warm gulf water.  Looks like it will be a Cat 4 at least when it makes landfall.

They are saying we will get 50+ mph winds at some point.  Mostly tomorrow early morning through the afternoon.  By late afternoon Michael will be into North Carolina. 

bestofour:
Jim please don't send Michael to North Carolina.  It has rained all night and all day but the weather people say it's a fluke thing and not part of Michael.  It's rained so hard I can't see out the window.  I just don't remember it raining for so long without it being part of something but that's what they say. 

Dianna my yard isn't flooded and usually doesn't.  It's the trees falling over that concern me.

Barb, hope you're ok.  The schools are closed tomorrow here and where Colt goes.   My Bible study has been cancelled for tomorrow too and I'm glad.  I hope we keep power and I can just stay home.

Dianna:
Barb marked herself safe on the app for Facebook. :good2: The friends we go to visit in Florida are safe, also. They weren't as close to the center of the storm as Barb. :good2:

The mess is heading into Georgia now. I hope Jennifer can check in with us sometime tonight. :pray:

Sheri, I was thinking about the ground being saturated before the storm even gets here/there. I am so glad that we don't have any large trees close to the house now. Michael is supposed to visit us starting at 8:00 in the morning and then he will be heading to NC in the afternoon. Hope you stay safe! :pray:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version