Author Topic: Flooding  (Read 2155 times)

Pharmerphil

Flooding
« on: Aug 20, 2007, 06:02:00 AM »
6 Dead from drowning

although we are safe and far from any river or lowland, 20 minutes from here folks are evcuated,
we have had over 8" of rain since saturday morning, and it's a wet soggy mess, but the Mississippi near Winona, and all the tributaries are out of the banks, bridges gone, roads caved in...houses with the roofs showing, clear back into this area the rivers are out.

MassMama

Re: Flooding
« Reply #1 on: Aug 20, 2007, 07:15:36 AM »
Ohhh that is sooo sad!!  :'( !! Hope you all stay safe and there are no more fatallities!!

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #2 on: Aug 20, 2007, 07:18:53 AM »
That's incredible.  Is there a good solution to the flooding problem?  I'm thinking that underground overflow resevoirs could be placed along the banks to keep the river in check but maybe I'm missing something.  

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
« Reply #3 on: Aug 20, 2007, 04:16:51 PM »
Glad to read that you are safe, Phil. It is so sad to read about the drownings. Hope that the rain stops soon for all of those affected so negatively...

:pray:
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline patches

« Reply #4 on: Aug 20, 2007, 05:01:26 PM »
Oh my gosh, Phil, that is so sad!   :Crybaby2: I'm glad to know that you are safe and away from the flooding.  ;) Geesh, it's either feast or famine.  :ScratchHead: We need rain so badly here and others have more than they can deal with.  :dunno: Stay safe!!!
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Pharmerphil

« Reply #5 on: Aug 20, 2007, 05:03:47 PM »
Thanks Patches...Coulda used some rain, but this was way over the top.
the problem is...Minnesota wants to save it's cash for petty, meaningless projects..."who needs good roads and bridges", they've been in service and working for centuries.  :Whis::tapfoot1:

Offline patches

« Reply #6 on: Aug 21, 2007, 12:42:02 AM »
Minnesota wants to save it's cash for petty, meaningless projects..."who needs good roads and bridges", they've been in service and working for centuries. 

Yeah, right, Phil!!!   :Vent:   :tickedoff:  Try telling that to the families of the victims.   :crying:
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal