Author Topic: Front porch  (Read 2070 times)

Offline barleychown

• Elite Member
  • live and let live Mischievous Minx
    • My blog
Front porch
« on: Jul 19, 2007, 11:06:48 AM »
What does your front porch look like?

Mine has a fountain in the corner by the front door, surrounded by houseplants that spend the summer outside:

And a living wreath that was a christmas present years ago:

I fill it with different things each spring, and it's always been near my front door.

What does yours look like?
« Last Edit: Jul 22, 2007, 08:12:49 PM by Jim »
Today's mighty oak is just yesterday's nut that held its ground

Offline G-Mom

Re: Front porch
« Reply #1 on: Jul 19, 2007, 11:09:25 AM »
I love that wreath!  It is so pretty.  I don't think I've ever seen a living wreath.

My front porch has nothing special....some benches a doghouse and a grill.  Can't have plants on it because Lady will eat them and/or dig them up.

My back deck has a wrought iron bistro set w/umbrella and some plants.

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
« Reply #2 on: Jul 19, 2007, 02:41:08 PM »
Our front porch is so small and receives all the hot afternoon sun, so I haven't put any plants out there. We usually are on the back deck/porch.

The wooden people and swing were made by my Uncle Johnny and painted by my Aunt Bonnie. She was going to cart them off to the thrift store, but offered them to me first. :) I need to paint them again and then I would like Jim to buy some little tiny chain to hang it on the porch...

The wooden plaque is the only other thing we have out there...

by G-mom:
I don't think I've ever seen a living wreath.

Patty started a topic and showed us how to create a living wreath, Karen. Here is the link to that topic.I think I would like to make one...;D

"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline Patty S

« Reply #3 on: Jul 19, 2007, 10:20:02 PM »
What does your from porch look like?
Did you mean "before" or "after" you asked that?! :laughmao:

Our front porch is never an "issue", cuz there's not enough space there to put my "stuff"! 

However, these are "after" pics, cuz I swept the cobwebs off everything first! :Whis:

No, those aren't fake flowers! If I can't have real ones, I don't want em!
That's one of the nice things about garden forums... I don't think I'd be doing all the weeding I do, if I weren't taking pics of my flowers, to post here. :grinnnn: But now you start a topic like this, & I spend my "outside time" sweeping cobwebs!
:tapfoot1: (Sarah, Don't you dare start a topic about "what does your closet look like"!) :eek:

Now the back "porch" is a different story! (It's a "before" story, cuz I'm using all this "stuff", & didn't want to clean it off!) It's essentially my "workbench"... especially now that Keith has it half torn apart & there are no railings on it. It's sooo handy!

But there was another "before"... before he took everything off it so he could start remodeling it.  My Strawberry towers & the hot tub & the BBQ were there (& I made him put the BBQ back up there, since all I have are temporary stairs now, & didn't like half breaking my neck every time I wanted to use it!)  Everything else is sitting over in the back yard "for now", & he mows around it! :rolleyes1:
« Last Edit: Jul 22, 2007, 01:03:07 AM by Patty S »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal