Author Topic: My 2007 Flowers  (Read 5767 times)

MassMama

Re: My 2007 Flowers
« Reply #25 on: Jul 23, 2007, 10:49:28 AM »
Thanks Patti!! I think it is a stargazer... Same exact color as mine!!

Ohhh here are is an updated pic of my garden this week
*broken link removed*

Got lots of hot peppers popping up too!!
*broken link removed*
« Last Edit: Mar 24, 2008, 12:12:43 AM by barleychown »

Offline patches

« Reply #26 on: Jul 23, 2007, 11:04:10 AM »
  :Wow: Your tomato plants are awesome, Rita!  I only have 5 planted in the ground and a bush one in a pot.  Actually, I had started two bush tomatoes in pots, but about 6 weeks ago when we had high winds the cherry tomato one snapped off right at the bottom.  :SmileyFit: I was really upset because it was doing so good.   :Crybaby2:

Here's a picture of them.  The cherry tomato is the one of the right.  This is the first time I've ever tried growing them in pots and it's kinda exciting.  ;)

« Last Edit: Jul 23, 2007, 11:07:21 AM by patches »
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

MassMama

« Reply #27 on: Jul 23, 2007, 11:18:28 AM »
Wow Patti they look great being you just planted them 6 weeks ago!!
Are you going to try and grow them indoors or do you have a green house??
I was doing some reading and some people actually get them to fruit indoors..???
I am just happy cause this is the first time I have ever planted a Veggie or fruit as they say hahaa
I didn't think I would have ANY luck at all!!

Offline patches

« Reply #28 on: Jul 23, 2007, 12:46:17 PM »
Sorry, Rita, I guess I wasn't clear in what I said.  :dunno: I didn't start the plants six weeks ago.  It was 6 weeks ago when we got the strong winds that snapped off the cherry tomato plant. :Crybaby2:  Actually, I started these sometime back in April from two tiny plants a friend gave me. 

No, I'm not going to grow them indoors and I don't have a greenhouse.  I guess I just did this for an experiment and I didn't want the plants I received to die.

"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

kratz7

« Reply #29 on: Jul 24, 2007, 07:29:10 AM »
Yes, I believe so...I plant all types of flowers and then promptly forget what half of them are....lol
I Love flowers and all of the colors there are.
Rita, your garden looks great Do you plant the whole garden in a strip like that? That"s a really cool way of doing things. You certainly have alot planted...and it looks great. I miss our vege garden this year, as my hubby decided to take a year or two off and focus more on the flower gardening. Lucky for me..... He actually gave me the garden patch this year....I've done some seed swapping and recieved some really cool seeds to try. I've been having a blast.

Dianne,
The desert rose should bloom and yes the flower with the butterfly is a stargazer.
I love taking photos of butterflies on flowers, it;s the perfect match.  :applause:

I actually had a website called gardening123 use one of my butterfly photos with an article they were doing.....I was pleasantly surprised when they e-mailed me about it. It was a 6 month timeframe between e-mailing them the photo and them using it. I had almost forgotten about it.lol

here's the link to the page...... I thought this was quite an honor..... :Wow:

http://www.gardening123.com/articles/display_article.asp?ID=103074&MS=6&SS=60[url]]http://www.gardening123.com/articles/display_article.asp?ID=103074&MS=6&SS=60http://

MassMama

« Reply #30 on: Jul 24, 2007, 08:55:14 AM »
Ohhh that is awsome Charlotte!! It is a great honnor!!
Well I used to have a pine tree where the little maple tree is now... well it blew over in a storm... The area was pretty useless because of all the salt and sand from the winter, as well as from the pine needles.. Sooo I hauled in some top soil and decided to plant some Veggies... I didn't want to dig a big area at the time... I was not really sure if anything would grow very well... Sooo I did the strip and did my best at companion planting as I could..
Next year I am going to expand it a bit and plant a few more different things in a different manner..
So far I am thrilled with the results!!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal