Author Topic: bridge collaps...  (Read 3726 times)

crazfranny

bridge collaps...
« on: Aug 01, 2007, 11:49:43 PM »
 :crying:

i hope everybody that s from there is safe (and everyone for that matter ),my prayers goes with all the families and people that will have to deal and live with those memories.good luck to the rescuers and may god bless them.

last sept, here in lacal,qc, canada we ve had a bridge collaps and many dead, so i know how it can be,courage to all the good ppl.

Franny.

Offline patches

Re: bridge collaps...
« Reply #1 on: Aug 02, 2007, 12:03:17 AM »
I agree, Franny, many prayers are needed for everyone involved. :pray:  I've been following the story all evening and it's very sad. :crying:  I'm still waiting to hear if a friend of mine has been able to make contact with all of her relatives or found out anything else.  :dunno: She's living here now so there's not much she can do except wait. 
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
« Reply #2 on: Aug 02, 2007, 06:28:58 AM »
I just saw this on the news this morning. :(

How upsetting it is that a supposedly safe bridge collapses when it is least expected! And I saw that they were doing repair work on the surface area. How did they not know that the structure support was the area that needed to be fixed?

It is so very sad...
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Pharmerphil

« Reply #3 on: Aug 02, 2007, 05:02:03 PM »
We live 8 miles from I-35, and 35 minutes from where it collapsed.
The details are at this hour, still sketchy.
As far as we know, there was no one we knew personally involved, and thank God the children in the bus are OK.
first thy said no deaths...But Rush hour on I-35, in downtown Minneapolis...no way..Then they reported 6 deaths, then changed that to 4...
I am afraid there will be many once all the details are in.
Sadest thing is the government here...They knew in 2001 that there was "stress" damage..
They inspected it last year and deemed it 50% adequate.
The last I heard, Minnesota was the 2nd. highest taxed state in the nation, and instead of fixing things like this, they spend the money foolishly.
I am sure the law suits and insurance costs will far exceed the cost of repairing the bridge to 100% .
« Last Edit: Aug 02, 2007, 05:09:56 PM by Pharmerphil »

Offline Bonnie

• Angel With Horns!
« Reply #4 on: Aug 02, 2007, 09:06:20 PM »
I bet you are right about that Phil. I know I would be really peed if one of my family or friends had been there.
This is me ->?

Offline patches

« Reply #5 on: Aug 02, 2007, 10:38:19 PM »
Well, this really has everyone looking at the safety of bridges.   :Watching: Just this afternoon they closed one of the bridges in St. Louis and from the sounds of it, this is going to be permanent.  ;)  I believe it was actually scheduled to be closed later on this year, but guess with the collapse in Minnesota they moved it up.   :idea: Better safe than sorry.  ;)
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #6 on: Aug 03, 2007, 08:00:06 AM »
close to 160,000 bridges, tunnels and other traffic situations are in the same catagory as the bridge that collapsed nationwide.  That is so scary it's unbelieveable.  Our government is a waste of good money.  They don't do anything that needs doing.

I too am very glad that the children in the bus got out alive.  I hope they will all recover.

I hope that of those missing many will be found alive and well.

My prayers go out to the people of the area. 
« Last Edit: Aug 03, 2007, 08:20:15 AM by duh »

Offline patches

« Reply #7 on: Aug 03, 2007, 12:19:10 PM »
Geesh, I just caught the noon news and learned that the Poplar Street Bridge linking Illinois to Missouri has been given a rating of poor. :yikes:  I've always had a phobia about bridges and this is the only one I will drive over since it's one of the newest and looked the safest.  :unsure: Guess it's a good thing they don't let me inspect bridges because evidently my judgement is not very good!!!   :ScratchHead:     

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal