Beyond The Spirits > In The News

bridge collaps...

(1/2) > >>

crazfranny:
 :crying:

i hope everybody that s from there is safe (and everyone for that matter ),my prayers goes with all the families and people that will have to deal and live with those memories.good luck to the rescuers and may god bless them.

last sept, here in lacal,qc, canada we ve had a bridge collaps and many dead, so i know how it can be,courage to all the good ppl.

Franny.

patches:
I agree, Franny, many prayers are needed for everyone involved. :pray:  I've been following the story all evening and it's very sad. :crying:  I'm still waiting to hear if a friend of mine has been able to make contact with all of her relatives or found out anything else.  :dunno: She's living here now so there's not much she can do except wait. 

Dianna:
I just saw this on the news this morning. :(

How upsetting it is that a supposedly safe bridge collapses when it is least expected! And I saw that they were doing repair work on the surface area. How did they not know that the structure support was the area that needed to be fixed?

It is so very sad...

Pharmerphil:
We live 8 miles from I-35, and 35 minutes from where it collapsed.
The details are at this hour, still sketchy.
As far as we know, there was no one we knew personally involved, and thank God the children in the bus are OK.
first thy said no deaths...But Rush hour on I-35, in downtown Minneapolis...no way..Then they reported 6 deaths, then changed that to 4...
I am afraid there will be many once all the details are in.
Sadest thing is the government here...They knew in 2001 that there was "stress" damage..
They inspected it last year and deemed it 50% adequate.
The last I heard, Minnesota was the 2nd. highest taxed state in the nation, and instead of fixing things like this, they spend the money foolishly.
I am sure the law suits and insurance costs will far exceed the cost of repairing the bridge to 100% .

Bonnie:
I bet you are right about that Phil. I know I would be really peed if one of my family or friends had been there.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version