Author Topic: BG's first Pickling Project  (Read 2895 times)

Offline Patty S

BG's first Pickling Project
« on: Aug 02, 2007, 07:27:00 PM »
We picked our cucumbers after dinner last night & put them in to brine.

Today, with the kitchen clean, jars washed & boiled, (I do that...just cuz I can) and ingredients lined out, everything was ready when BG got back from Soccer Camp... except selecting the dill heads from the garden, which she fetched & washed while I showed her how to peel the "paper" off the garlic cloves.

If it weren't for the boiling liquid part, a child could do this. (Really! Even without making a big mess in the kitchen!) :ThumbUp: First, she put the dill heads & garlic cloves in the jars....

Added the spices....

"Stuffed" the jars....  :laugh1:

Then poured the hot 'pickle juice' in....

All that was left to do was to put the lids on, tighten the rings down, tidy up the kitchen, take a picture....

And wait to hear the lids ping! We just heard the first one, after a half hour :Yahoo: & are patiently waiting for the other two! 

Offline patches

Re: BG's first Pickling Project
« Reply #1 on: Aug 03, 2007, 02:03:59 AM »
Oh, Patty, those pickles look awesome!!!  :Wow: You really have quite a little helper there.  ;)  She is always going to remember all these things you did with her.  ;) You certainly are building some wonderful memories for her.  :smile:  :ThumbUp: 
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
« Reply #2 on: Aug 03, 2007, 11:12:03 AM »
Jim bought some pickling cuke seeds yesterday for us to do a second planting. I can't wait to try this recipe! If BG can do it, surely I can, too... :grinnnn:
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

MassMama

« Reply #3 on: Aug 06, 2007, 10:29:12 PM »
That is great Patty..
I let Mitch the pickle feind help me with mine today...he would say its a cucumber... put them in a jar ... now its a pickle !! It was sooo cute!!  :laughmao:

Looks like you two had a great time!!  :ThumbUp:

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #4 on: Aug 09, 2007, 08:36:34 AM »
Looks good.......great job~~!!!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal