Gardening > In The Kitchen

BG's first Pickling Project

(1/1)

Patty S:
We picked our cucumbers after dinner last night & put them in to brine.

Today, with the kitchen clean, jars washed & boiled, (I do that...just cuz I can) and ingredients lined out, everything was ready when BG got back from Soccer Camp... except selecting the dill heads from the garden, which she fetched & washed while I showed her how to peel the "paper" off the garlic cloves.

If it weren't for the boiling liquid part, a child could do this. (Really! Even without making a big mess in the kitchen!) :ThumbUp: First, she put the dill heads & garlic cloves in the jars....

Added the spices....

"Stuffed" the jars....  :laugh1:

Then poured the hot 'pickle juice' in....

All that was left to do was to put the lids on, tighten the rings down, tidy up the kitchen, take a picture....

And wait to hear the lids ping! We just heard the first one, after a half hour :Yahoo: & are patiently waiting for the other two! 

patches:
Oh, Patty, those pickles look awesome!!!  :Wow: You really have quite a little helper there.  ;)  She is always going to remember all these things you did with her.  ;) You certainly are building some wonderful memories for her.  :smile:  :ThumbUp: 

Dianna:
Jim bought some pickling cuke seeds yesterday for us to do a second planting. I can't wait to try this recipe! If BG can do it, surely I can, too... :grinnnn:

MassMama:
That is great Patty..
I let Mitch the pickle feind help me with mine today...he would say its a cucumber... put them in a jar ... now its a pickle !! It was sooo cute!!  :laughmao:

Looks like you two had a great time!!  :ThumbUp:

Penny:
Looks good.......great job~~!!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version