Author Topic: Painting  (Read 3347 times)

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
Painting
« on: Aug 03, 2007, 10:56:42 AM »
I loved doing acrilic painting but on a fixed income it is cost prohibitive.  Several friends and family members had my paintings.  I wish I had taken pictures because they were really great.  I guess it's because the materials were so expensive that I really took my time until I had exactly what I wanted.

Offline Bonnie

• Angel With Horns!
Re: Painting
« Reply #1 on: Aug 03, 2007, 03:46:47 PM »
I wish you had taken pictures too. I would love to see your work.
This is me ->?

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #2 on: Aug 04, 2007, 01:31:53 PM »
I've never been a picture taker.  Dad took pictures of us all the time when we were kids.  It put me off of the camera.  I wish it hadn't because I would love to have pictures of the places I've been and the hobbies I've done over the years.  I'm not the type to keep things around once they are done.  So I have nothing to show for all the time spent.

It used to be a standing joke at a residential building that I worked in that I was going to have at least one project in every apartment.  There were 706 apartments lol.

As far as the paintings go there was:  a dragon done in black, blue and silver with a background of charcoal grey cliffs and a grey stormy sky,  a white pegasus with pink tinted wings standing on a wildflower meadow under a blue sky, a grey horsehead with a storm wind tossed mane of black and white on a soft focused blue background, and then the last was an abstract of 3d interconnected celtic rings with hawaiin(sp) orchids spilling out between the rings.  The last one was really great.  I did it with the owner in mind.  She was a childrens doctor and really sweet and since she was from hawaii and living in Virginia I thought the flowers would add a touch of home. 

And those are all the paintings that I have done that I can remember.

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
« Reply #3 on: Aug 04, 2007, 10:13:28 PM »
They all sound beautiful, Duh. I wish you had pictures of your paintings, also...

I used to dabble with drawing a little. It has been awhile, but I have some pastels around here. I ought to be trying to brush up on some of my old hobbies... :)
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #4 on: Aug 13, 2007, 09:42:06 AM »
If you do, learn from my mystakes and take pictures.  I wish I had.

christy

« Reply #5 on: Sep 01, 2007, 10:11:24 PM »
next time take pics! i woulda loved to see your dragon pic! it sounds soooo beauitful!!!
i love to paint with acrylic's! never thought of doing a "painting" maybe ill have to try my hand at it, mostly i paint ceramics,n wood things.

Tamara

« Reply #6 on: Sep 03, 2007, 12:42:09 PM »
I haven't painted in years either because of the cost. I've done a few charcoal and pencil portraits for people but never even thought about taking pics.

Penny paints as well.

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #7 on: Sep 19, 2007, 12:52:22 PM »
Wow......your pictures sound beautiful.
  :ThumbUp: :ThumbUp:
Lots of talented people in here!!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal