Author Topic: Spray Painting Chinese Lanterns  (Read 2874 times)

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
Spray Painting Chinese Lanterns
« on: Aug 13, 2007, 06:32:19 AM »
I have some chinese lanterns growing in my garden and they are starting to ripen so that I can pick them for my winter flower arrangements.  My question is after they are dried can I use a spray acrylic on them?  Will it affect their color?

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
Re: Spray Painting Chinese Lanterns
« Reply #1 on: Aug 27, 2007, 01:11:34 PM »
Duh, I don't know about spray painting them or not. Will the paint's weight cause them to drop? All the advice I have for you would be to try it and find out... :)

I think they would really make some cool winter arrangements... :grinnnn:
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline Patty S

« Reply #2 on: Aug 27, 2007, 07:42:00 PM »
Why do you want to spray paint them, if you want the natural color? :dunno: If you use a clear paint, it shouldn't do anything to the color, but it will probably make them shiny. Left with no fixative, they should retain their original color unless you have them sitting in the sun.

Two weeks ago, I brought a branch of my Tomatillo in the house after I'd accidentally broken it off the plant, & the lanterns were still green. They're dry now & feel like paper, & are still that pretty lime green.  I thought they would wilt & lose their shape, but they didn't. :clap: I'm not going to bother spraying mine with anything but hair spray, so it'll be easier to blow the dust off them later.
« Last Edit: Aug 27, 2007, 07:44:57 PM by Patty S »

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #3 on: Aug 28, 2007, 08:15:25 AM »
Hairspray huh?  That sounds good to me and much easier than what I was thinking of doing.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal