Author Topic: Favorite Chinese Food  (Read 2788 times)

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
Favorite Chinese Food
« on: Aug 14, 2007, 11:04:53 AM »
pepper steak yeah!!!!!!!!!!!!

For me I just throw some rough chopped onions and bell peppers in a frying pan with some canola oil and light soysauce.  When it begins to soften I add the steak cut up into cubes and then about a teaspoon of ginger and a little corn starch to help the sauce thicken a little.

Yummy over white rice.

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
Re: Favorite Chinese Food
« Reply #1 on: Aug 27, 2007, 07:40:24 AM »
Yummy! :licklips: Pepper steak is good...

If I am eating Chinese food, I like the fried rice. Chicken and Pork are my favorites for that... ;)
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #2 on: Aug 28, 2007, 08:22:50 AM »
definitely fried rice.  How do you get the color of the rice to change?  I'm getting tempted to buy saffron and use alittle of that to help change the color of the rice.

I also love orange chicken.  Although it is way to hot for me.  I love the flavor so I put up with the hot but only about once a year because it is so hot.  I mean really really hot.  But I'm not sure it would taste as good without the peppers that make it so hot.  I wish I could make it without the peppers and still have it taste as good.

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
« Reply #3 on: Aug 28, 2007, 08:29:59 AM »
Soy sauce to change the color of the rice, maybe? I don't know how they do that. :unsure: I usually order it at the restaurant. I am definitely not the cook that you are... :grinnnn:
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #4 on: Aug 28, 2007, 10:01:36 AM »
the soy sauce isn't absorbed by the rice.  Why I don't know.  Neither is chicken or beef broth.  I keep trying different things.  I figure that some day I'll stumble on the correct ingredient.  Talking about this is making me hungry lol.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal