Author Topic: Swiss Steak - Slo-Cooker  (Read 2828 times)

Offline patches

Swiss Steak - Slo-Cooker
« on: Aug 29, 2007, 04:50:31 PM »
Swiss Steak - Slo-Cooker

Ingredients:

1 pound boneless beef top-round steak
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
6 tablespoons of all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon canola oil
1 medium onion, chopped
1 can stewed tomatoes (14.5 ounce)
¼ cup water 
2 teaspoons lemon juice
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1-1/2 teaspoons brown sugar

Directions:

Mix salt, pepper and flour together and sprinkle over one side.  Using a mallet, pound flour into the meat and do the same with the other side.  Cut the steak into several pieces and make sure the edges are coated with the flour mixture.  In a large skillet, brown meat in oil on both sides.   Remove the meat.  Then in the same skillet, saute onion in drippings until tender and drain.

Put the remaining ingredients into the Slo-Cooker and add the meat and onions. 

Cover, and cook 8 to 10 hours on Low (I do 8 hours with my Slo-Cooker), until the round steak is very tender.

This is delicious!!!  :ThumbUp:
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
Re: Swiss Steak - Slo-Cooker
« Reply #1 on: Aug 29, 2007, 07:07:25 PM »
Yummy, Patti! :licklips: That does sound good. :542: Thank you for posting the recipe.

I love crockpot cooking!
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline patches

« Reply #2 on: Aug 30, 2007, 01:21:01 AM »
You're welcome, Dianna!   ;)  I love crockpot cooking too!  It's so easy and frees up a lot of time in the kitchen.   :Whis:

You'll have to let me know what you think of it.   ;)
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #3 on: Aug 31, 2007, 08:59:24 AM »
 :ThumbUp: That does sound realy good....and like Dianna......i lov slow cooker recipes too.....especially in the winter, coming home from work and smelling it when you walk in the door  :ThumbUp:

Offline patches

« Reply #4 on: Aug 31, 2007, 01:57:34 PM »
Actually, I like to serve it with scalloped potatoes and peas, but sometimes I will fry some apples to go with it when they're in season. ;)  Enjoy and let me know what you think of it!   

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #5 on: Aug 31, 2007, 02:15:28 PM »
 :542: The apples with it sounds really really yummy and we have TONS of orchards in our area...great suggestion!!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal