Author Topic: The Parakeet Rescue  (Read 2112 times)

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
The Parakeet Rescue
« on: Sep 30, 2007, 12:00:20 PM »
So here I am at work, in my wild bird specialty shop, The Wren's Nest. A lady, who had been in just a few minutes before comes running back in.
"There's a parakeet out on the sidewalk! We're trying to catch him but he keeps flying just out of our reach. I didn't know where else to go."
So, I follow her out. She thinks he's under one of the cars. We get out to the sidewalk and there's a small crowd around a man who is crouched down trying to coax a very disinterested parakeet to his hand.  **think, where can I get a net...** Aha! I know! I run down the street to another shop, Morne Imports, that has fishing and butterfly type nets at times. Yay, she has some left. So I borrow a net. Walk over to the man. Put the net over the bird. Yay! Saved!!
Oh, great. Now what do I do with him? **think, where can I get a birdcage...** I'm walking back to my store, and eureeka, Laura is here! She has an antique/novelties/vintage store called Mystery Spot. And YES she has a birdcage I can borrow. Phew.
I make a couple signs that say 'Found Parakeet', and stick them up around my store signs. I go into another shop and ask the lady working there if she knows of anyone with a lost bird. Just so happens (its not hers) that she has the same type of bird at home. So Ellen is fostering this parakeet with hers, until we can find the owner.
Now, she and the real estate agents next to me both think they've seen a lost parakeet sign somewhere around town, maybe the post office..........

to be continued.............

Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...RZ

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
Re: The Parakeet Rescue
« Reply #1 on: Sep 30, 2007, 12:06:25 PM »
Oh wow Wrennie, sounds like the whole town is got into finding and saving the parakeet.  I hope you can find its owner.

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #2 on: Sep 30, 2007, 04:37:34 PM »
We get the occasional escapee here, too. The smart ones can live here outdoors year round most years. I'm glad you caught him, Wrennie. I'm sure he will have a good home whether or not you find his owner.
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #3 on: Oct 01, 2007, 09:21:04 AM »
Wow Wren......glad you were there to help.

Hope they find the owner soon!!

Offline Tonya

« Reply #4 on: Oct 01, 2007, 09:46:12 AM »
Hope you can find out today who the wee thing belongs to! So glad you were there to step in and save the day!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal