Author Topic: Rare Butterfly  (Read 2303 times)

Offline patches

Rare Butterfly
« on: Oct 13, 2007, 01:47:24 PM »
Evidently, a rare butterfly that hasn't been seen in the United States in over seventy years has been spotted at Falcon State Park in Texas. Someone was able to get some pictures of it, and it was identified as a 'telea hairstreak' .  It appears that Avery Freeman first captured a 'telea hairstreak' in Laredo in 1935 and none have been seen since then.   :smileyNo:

Well, I was able to find dozens and dozens of stories about the recent sighting; but, unfortunately, none had pictures accompanying the stories.  :SmileyFit: So I started researching and finally was able to find a photo of it, so thought you might like to see it.   ;)

« Last Edit: Oct 13, 2007, 01:49:08 PM by patches »
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
Re: Rare Butterfly
« Reply #1 on: Oct 13, 2007, 05:14:28 PM »
Very pretty, love the bright lime green/yellow.  It almost looks like it is two creatures with the markings on the back.

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #2 on: Oct 13, 2007, 10:25:18 PM »
I would like to see it in motion. Their movements can be different.
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

kratz7

« Reply #3 on: Oct 14, 2007, 04:32:47 AM »
Wow!   :Glee:
 That's really a cool butterfly.......Are  they found mainly in Texas? If so, you're very lucky to see them ......nice photo too

thanks for sharing,

Kratz7

Offline patches

« Reply #4 on: Oct 14, 2007, 04:59:49 AM »
From what I've read they are found in the southern part of Texas.  Guess the man who saw it was pretty lucky.  :Whis: Evidently, they are a very small butterfly. 
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #5 on: Oct 15, 2007, 11:47:00 AM »
Wow, thats so pretty and what a color, its so vibrant!!!

christy

« Reply #6 on: Oct 16, 2007, 10:13:24 AM »
 :Wow:  thats a shame ya dont see more of em! those are cool lookin very beauitful!

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal