Author Topic: Whats for dinner 2  (Read 14609 times)

Offline Tonya

Re: Whats for dinner 2
« Reply #50 on: Nov 08, 2007, 04:25:47 PM »
Tonight is fried catfish and spots with sweet potato chips fried along with the fish and some collard greens!! :542: I LOVE fish!!

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #51 on: Nov 08, 2007, 05:45:09 PM »
Tonight is chili mac. I could almost live on the stuff but I'm the only one that loves it here. It is tolerated by the others in my family. They can fill up on salad and corn on the side. I might even do up some corn bread.
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

Offline patches

« Reply #52 on: Nov 08, 2007, 06:02:40 PM »
Well, I've been thinking about pizza since yesterday and that sounds good right now.  Since I'm still at school and it's almost 5:00, I'm just going to stop at Pizza World to pick up a pizza.  ;) No mess, no fuss, no dishes - I like that!    :Yahoo: 
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #53 on: Nov 08, 2007, 06:28:17 PM »
Tonya, what are spots?  I don't think I've ever heard of those.

Tonight we're having homemade spaghetti.  Well, the noodles aren't homemade but the sauce is.  I should have made some garlic bread for dinner too but took the kids out to play for 2.5 hours instead.

Offline patches

« Reply #54 on: Nov 09, 2007, 05:43:47 PM »
  I should have made some garlic bread for dinner too but took the kids out to play for 2.5 hours instead. 

Well, Sarah/loz, while making garlic bread would probably have been good, the way you spent your time was much better than any garlic bread!  :ThumbUp:   ;)

Geesh, I hit the jackpot again!!!  My neighbor brought over a freshly caught small bass and some Blue Gill. :Yahoo: They are cleaned and ready to fix!  :ThumbUp:  So I'm going to fry them for dinner, fix some Cole Slaw, stewed tomatoes and make some cornbread muffins to have with the fish.   ;)
« Last Edit: Nov 09, 2007, 05:45:53 PM by patches »
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline Tonya

« Reply #55 on: Nov 09, 2007, 10:27:33 PM »
We had London Broil on the grill, Mac & cheese, and green beans. Doug did an awesome job on the meat. It was so juicy and flavorful!! I love red meat!

MassMama

« Reply #56 on: Nov 10, 2007, 07:10:38 AM »
I had Shrimp Scampi with italian dipping oil and bread.. It was soo good and a Very easy meal I will post it for you..  :grinnnn:

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #57 on: Nov 13, 2007, 04:41:16 PM »
Tonight we will be having Tortellini Sausage Alfredo.  It's so good. 

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
« Reply #58 on: Nov 13, 2007, 04:53:01 PM »
We are having those little smoked sausages in barbecue sauce with potato salad. Fast and simple and tastes good. :licklips: That works for me!
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #59 on: Nov 13, 2007, 06:39:39 PM »
Tonight is steak under the broiler. And some rice and some type of veggies. I'm thinking raw broccoli and cauliflower with ranch dip. It's a fav around here.

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #60 on: Nov 13, 2007, 07:04:52 PM »
Tonight I threw together chicken cattaccori... I was impressed how easy it was to toss together and think it will be really good.

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

Offline patches

« Reply #61 on: Nov 13, 2007, 09:37:43 PM »
Well, tonight I fixed some ham and beans with cornbread and lots of butter!!!  ;) It was so good!!!   :smile:

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #62 on: Nov 14, 2007, 10:29:42 AM »
Your going to think I'm crazy.  But I got a hankering for stuffing, cranberry sauce and mayo sandwiches so that's what I had for dinner.  I know I'm crazy.

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #63 on: Nov 14, 2007, 10:31:17 AM »
Sounds good to me Duh!!
Tonight is chicken, i have it in the crock pot, and will be adding mashed potatoes and a veggie with it too.

MassMama

« Reply #64 on: Nov 14, 2007, 01:31:36 PM »
 :SmileyFear: :SmileyFear: I am kinda scared to cook after my expoding dish last night  :Whis: I was going to make a stew but I have to wait and see what sounds good to keith

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #65 on: Nov 14, 2007, 02:08:29 PM »
I have hamburger. I'm going to get some potatoes while I'm out today. I'm going to combo those in some way but haven't decided yet.

Offline duh

• Elite Member
  • Gentle Gypsy
« Reply #66 on: Nov 14, 2007, 05:59:16 PM »
Glory has a green beans and potato mix in there canned foods so I had that for dinner.  I know not good nutrition but I'm just to tired to do much today.

Offline patches

« Reply #67 on: Nov 14, 2007, 06:54:28 PM »
Well, it got much cooler today, so I made a meat loaf, scalloped potatoes, peas, and stewed apples.  At least, it gave me an excuse to light my oven and warm things up a bit in the house without turning on the furnace.  :idea: It tasted pretty good to me, but I was pretty hungry.   ;)

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #68 on: Nov 14, 2007, 06:58:58 PM »
I'm baking a few potatoes. I'm browning some ground beef.  I'm still trying to figure what I am going to do with it all. Avocados came down in price this week so we are having salad with my mystery dinner.

Offline patches

« Reply #69 on: Nov 14, 2007, 07:03:59 PM »
Geesh, Tina, the avocados are untouchable here now.  :yikes:  I thought maybe you grew your own.  :ScratchHead:

Offline Tonya

« Reply #70 on: Nov 14, 2007, 07:12:53 PM »
We are having baked chicken spaghetti and turnip greens from our garden :Glee: It is sooooo yummy!! :542:

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
« Reply #71 on: Nov 14, 2007, 07:28:07 PM »
We had broiled boneless pork sirloin chops with pasta salad. Sure miss having a charcoal grill handy for my chops. I love the smoky taste it gave them... :licklips:
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #72 on: Nov 14, 2007, 07:32:50 PM »
Geesh, Tina, the avocados are untouchable here now.  :yikes:  I thought maybe you grew your own.  :ScratchHead:
I do have avocado trees. Jonni planted a mess of them all over when she was little. I did transplant the ones out of the pathways after they got a few inches tall. But none have ever produced. And if they do they will be wimpy little things as they are not grafted trees.

Offline patches

« Reply #73 on: Nov 16, 2007, 01:21:04 AM »
Well, it was kinda a long day at school, so when I got home I opened a can of chicken noodle soup, fixed a meat loaf sandwich, and warmed up some of the leftover scalloped potatoes and peas.  :Whis: Everything was good and hot, except the cold meal loaf sandwich.   ;)

Offline Tonya

« Reply #74 on: Nov 16, 2007, 07:40:21 AM »
We had venison cubed steak with gravy made with Lipton's Onion soup mix(very good!), smashed taters, and spinach.

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal