Author Topic: Whats for dinner 2  (Read 14606 times)

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
Re: Whats for dinner 2
« Reply #75 on: Nov 16, 2007, 05:10:00 PM »
Tonight we're having Kid-friendly fare:  Chili-Cheese Dog pot pie with corn on the side.  The pot pie is pretty much chili and chopped hot dogs mixed together, topped with a ton of cheese and then I'll put a batch of cornbread on top.  Cook until cornbread is done.  The kids love this so much!

Offline patches

« Reply #76 on: Nov 16, 2007, 07:57:58 PM »
Hey, that sounds really good Sarah/loz, but I'm glad I don't have to do the kid-friendly anymore.  ;) Now, when I get hungry for something special, I can just fix whatever it is that I want to eat.  :thx:

Tonight, I'm fixing some Cod, American spaghetti and creamy Cole slaw because I've been thinking about that all day.  :smile: 
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline Tonya

« Reply #77 on: Nov 16, 2007, 08:34:17 PM »
We had Steak(some kind of steak- not sure what kind, but it sure was TOUGH :Blush: ) rice,  turnip greens with diced turnips, and corn bread. Did I mention that we LOVE turnips/greens. Summer had seconds of just the greens/turnips.....I am sooooo lucky to have kids that are not picky!! :Yahoo:

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #78 on: Nov 16, 2007, 10:01:21 PM »
Hey, that sounds really good Sarah/loz, but I'm glad I don't have to do the kid-friendly anymore.  ;) Now, when I get hungry for something special, I can just fix whatever it is that I want to eat.  :thx:

I. Am. So. Jealous.

Offline patches

« Reply #79 on: Nov 17, 2007, 03:48:31 AM »
I am sooooo lucky to have kids that are not picky!! 

Actually, Tonya, I was lucky too!  ;) My kids were not picky either and the only things they would not eat were stewed tomatoes, sauerkraut, and beets.  Of course, if I had ever served them turnips or turnip greens I don't think they would have eaten that, but neither would I!!!  :rofl1:

Sarah/loz, I loved cooking for my kids and they were never hard to please. :smileyNo: They ate all the things I like, except for what I already mentioned.  It's just that now when I want a pork chop for dinner and find I only have two,  :SmileyFit: that's already one more than I need, so I can have it  :yesssss: without running to the store or picking something else.   :Whis:
"Lord, I love you and I need you, come into my heart, and bless me, my family, my home, and my friends, in Jesus' name. Amen!"

Offline patches

« Reply #80 on: Nov 18, 2007, 12:49:10 AM »
I spent a good part of the day outside moving some of my plants, so I was looking for something quick and easy for dinner tonight.  I fixed a breaded pork chop in the oven, baked potato and creamed spinach with hard-boiled eggs on top.  It was yummy, with very little mess.   :yesssss:

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #81 on: Nov 18, 2007, 01:02:22 PM »
Tonight is London broil under the broiler. I will bake potatoes probably. I haven't done mashed in forever though. I'm thinking of changing that. Jonni doesn't like her baked without sour cream and we are out.
Friends are like bras, close to your heart and all about support

Offline patches

« Reply #82 on: Nov 18, 2007, 01:15:30 PM »
I love London Broil, but tonight it's going to be pork tenderloiin, mashed potatoes and gravy, stuffing and orange-glazed carrots,  I may also make some stewed apples if I can motivate myself to go to Farmer's Market for some apples!   :unsure: 

Offline Tonya

« Reply #83 on: Nov 18, 2007, 02:02:14 PM »
Tonight we are having chicken. Not sure what I am gonna do with it, or make to go with it, but I have chicken thawing. I so don't wanna cook! :Blush:

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #84 on: Nov 18, 2007, 06:31:41 PM »
We're having chicken also, chicken fajitas to be exact.  I really like them partly because they are so quick and easy to make. 

I've never heard of London Broil other than here.  What is that?

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #85 on: Nov 18, 2007, 07:55:09 PM »
It is a fairly large piece of thick cut (1 1/2-2 inches about) round steak. You BBQ or broil it and then slice it in thin slices. We eat it pretty rare. All I do to it is salt, pepper garlic on it. Easy and Jonni loves it for sandwiches after.   

Offline patches

« Reply #86 on: Nov 18, 2007, 11:44:48 PM »
Oh, Tina, that sounds so good because I love mine rare too! I think it gets dry and tough and loses a lot of it's flavor  :SmileyFit: if it's cooked too long!  Do you marinate it before you cook it?   :SmileyQmarks:   

My pork tenderloin was wonderful!  This is the first time I've ever had it so moist!  ;)
« Last Edit: Nov 19, 2007, 01:17:33 AM by patches »

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #87 on: Nov 19, 2007, 01:12:17 AM »
You can marinate it, but I don't. It is one of my favorite pieces of meat to cook and to have leftovers from.

Offline patches

« Reply #88 on: Nov 19, 2007, 01:24:01 AM »
Well, Tina, I do marinate mine, because I love the flavor the marinade gives it.  I use the Adolph's "For the Grilll" Roasted Garlic and it is delicious.  :Wow: It only takes as little as 15 minutes.   ;)

It is one of my favorite pieces of meat to cook and to have leftovers from. 

Hmmm, leftovers, from London Broil,  :ScratchHead: what is that? :unsure:

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #89 on: Nov 19, 2007, 01:35:01 PM »
Tonight is Chili, made a big Ol' pot and some crunchy bread to dip with!!!

Offline Wrennie

• Will O Wisp
« Reply #90 on: Nov 19, 2007, 01:37:00 PM »
Last night was spaghetti and meatballs, {as is lunch today}. Tonight? I don't know.

Look, I know the supernatural is something that isn't supposed to happen, but it does happen...RZ

Offline patches

« Reply #91 on: Nov 19, 2007, 01:53:06 PM »
Well, I've been outside most of the day and since I have school tonight, I'm going fix some tuna salad, quartered hard-boiled eggs and some tomato wedges (cut from store bought tomatoes - YUK!!!)

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #92 on: Nov 19, 2007, 03:00:59 PM »
Tonight we're having Spanish Chicken and Rice with either corn or green beans, provided I can remember to warm them up.

Offline Dianna

• Administrator
  • Angel With The Halo!
    • Fallen Angels Karaoke Entertainment
« Reply #93 on: Nov 19, 2007, 03:06:43 PM »
We are going to Cracker Barrel tonight for supper. Tonight is fried pork chop night! :542: We have invited our next door neighbor to go with us...
"Be careful what you water your dreams with. Water them with worry and fear and you will produce weeds that choke the life from your dream. Water them with optimism and solutions and you will cultivate success." - Lao Tzu

MassMama

« Reply #94 on: Nov 19, 2007, 03:45:38 PM »
Last night I fell asleep and did not eat tonight I am having chips and dip.. I know what a  :Loser: but Keith already ate  :rolleyes1:

Offline Triss

• Elite Member
  • Live, Love, Laugh! Impudent Imp
    • Triss' Blog
« Reply #95 on: Nov 19, 2007, 05:01:29 PM »
We are having pork tonight.  I have a roast but not sure yet how I am going to fix it up.

We are all under the same stars, therefore we are never far apart.

Offline Tina

• Elite Member
  • Naughty Nymph
« Reply #96 on: Nov 19, 2007, 09:26:48 PM »
I made a simple sos (stuff on stuff) with green beans on the side. I served the hamburger gravy 'stuff' on mashed potatoes.

Offline Penny

• Elite Member
  • Pleasant Pixie
« Reply #97 on: Nov 20, 2007, 08:57:37 AM »
Tonight i am cooking some turkey breasts and having a veggie with it and some sort of potato.

Offline landofoz

• Elite Member
  • Busy Brownie
« Reply #98 on: Nov 20, 2007, 10:53:40 AM »
I went the easy route for dinner tonight: toss a whole chicken in the crockpot and covered with BBQ sauce.  Let cook all day.  I'm thinking of serving it with green beans and homemade honey wheat rolls.  Maybe I'll even whip up some honey butter. 

MassMama

« Reply #99 on: Nov 20, 2007, 12:53:00 PM »
I am not sure what I am making for dinner yet.. I have a pie in the oven and I am getting ready to make some shells for my peppermint mousse and probably have somethin like a french dip for dinner  :ThumbUp:
« Last Edit: Nov 20, 2007, 12:58:02 PM by Rita »

SimplePortal 2.3.7 © 2008-2024, SimplePortal